Author Topic: Looking for surgeons in Chicago area  (Read 4752 times)

bugman

Looking for surgeons in Chicago area
« on: January 18, 2007, 09:06:49 pm »
I have been diagnosed recently with a ac and am looking for the best surgeon in the Chicago area

stein78

Re: Looking for surgeons in Chicago area
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 02:31:55 pm »
I had my 2.5cm AN removed by Dr. John Leonetti at Loyola University Medical Center.  He works with Dr. Douglas Anderson (neurosurgeon) and they have done more than 1000 AN cases together.  I had an EXCELLENT experience and would recommend them to anyone.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  Here is a link on how to contact Dr. Leonetti.  Best of luck to you!

http://www.luhs.org/depts/otolaryn/2a6_leonetti.html
29 years old
2.5cm AN - left side
Removed May 10th, 2005
Dr. John Leonetti & Dr. Douglas Anderson
Loyola University Medical Center
Chicago, IL

Boppie

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 03:16:18 pm »
bugman, I remember a couple of other posters here who had the same doctor as Stein.  Maybe you can search the doctor's name on the home page here and come up with additional references.

Obita

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:37:13 pm »
bugman:

use the advanced search and you will get quite a few hits.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Nick M

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 06:14:46 pm »
bugman,
           If you would like to check out Northwestern in Chicago just go to Northwestern Memorial Hospitals web site, Then click on Physican finder. Type in Getch and it will take you to a page to tell you about him and all his credentials. I hope this is of some help in your search in the Chicago area. Good Luck in your search. Keep us posted.
                                                                                                             Nick
1.8 cm AN - right side
Gamma Knife scheduled for 4-26-07
with Dr. Getch, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 05:01:14 pm »
This may be too late to help you, but it may help someone else contemplating AN surgery.

I used Dr. Robert Battista from the Ear Institute of Chicago (www.chicagoear.com) for my AN surgery and am highly satisfied.

Dr. Battista has offices in Hinsdale, Evanston, and Elk Grove Village.  He does surgeries at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital with Dr. Robert Kazan, an amazing and highly qualified neurosurgeon.  He also does Gamma Knife radiation at Alexian Brothers Hospital in EGV along with a Radiation Oncologist by the name of Dr. Patrick Sweeney.

Hope this info helps someone.
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways