Author Topic: possible reoccurence after 5 yrs  (Read 7921 times)

dpetty

Re: possible reoccurence after 5 yrs
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 08:20:36 pm »
No I hadn't got the report yet, I hate the not knowing, the GP was out sick yesterday and so they are playing catchup but her voice was not encourging..........I hope tomorrow as I am going to pressure them.

David

dpetty

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 10:32:50 am »
Great news!!! Looks like I am in the clear, lots of scar tissue but the GP thinks I am ok, so that is a real positive!!! ;D

Jwh

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 11:47:09 am »
Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you!!!!  Wonderful news.  You must feel great.  I hope that I get the same report..

Jen
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 02:32:52 pm »
Dave:

I just want to add my congratulations on your MRI results that indicated only scar tissue and not a re-growth.   This has to be a great relief to you, as it would be to any post- op AN 'veteran' 5 years out, with too-familiar symptoms.  I'm very happy for you.  :)

Now, I wish you and your physicians success in determining the exact cause of the symptoms you're experiencing.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 09:42:36 pm »
Dude! RIGHT ON!!! woo hoo!! do we have a scar tissue/ no regrowth dance (similair to happy pirate dance??)- thanks for keeping us updated. Especially reassuring to those of us just zapped ;D Take care David, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys