Author Topic: Seven Year Wait and Watcher  (Read 3305 times)

bob.e

Seven Year Wait and Watcher
« on: January 12, 2007, 08:30:05 pm »
Now at seven years waiting-watching.  No treatments, no problems.  Just checking in.  Good luck everyone!

PS I tried to continue the thread from last year but it ended up in the archives, so started new topic.

kjmema

Re: Seven Year Wait and Watcher
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 08:55:17 pm »
Wow 7 years.  Maybe I need to learn a bit of patience.  That is great and gives us watch and waiters much hope.  Lets hope you can just wait forever....
left side AN 3mm IAC watch & wait hearing 100% balance slightly off

Sheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:39:41 pm »
Another "wait and watcher" signing in.  Discovered incidentally in November, 2001 at about 9 mm (was told it may have been under read and could be slightly larger).  Last MRI at the five-year point was measured at 12 mm with no change in the past two years - could even be a "tad smaller".  Hardly any symptoms.  I should say, though, that my "buddy" is on the 9th cranial nerve rather than 8th.  Was told I could graduate to MRI's every two years but not sure psychologically if I want to wait that amount of time - think I'll request yearly basis for now. 
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Derek

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 05:00:04 am »
Just wondered how many 'wait and watchers' we actually have in our exclusive club? I will be at the 5 years stage in March and hopefully my next annual MRI scan in April will give me a further 12 months extension...watch this space!

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

rezski

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 07:20:43 pm »
I am early in the game as I have only been diagnosed for less than 2 years. Last summer I got my first official wait for 1 more year "award"!  i hope my luck holds out.
Caroline
1.2 x .6 cm rt side AN diagnosed July 2005
Watching and waiting - not growing for now...Patient of Dr. Backous @ Virginia Mason
2012 8 x 5 mm @ Group Health - still WW