Author Topic: 27 years old w/ post A.N. hearing problems  (Read 3521 times)

munson.jonathan

27 years old w/ post A.N. hearing problems
« on: January 12, 2007, 01:53:53 pm »
Hello all,

I have been dealing post hearing issues for 9 years now. I do not wear my cross aid b/c of aesthetic reasons.  I am totally deaf in right ear.  Is there any 'nice' looking aids out there?

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 27 years old w/ post A.N. hearing problems
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 01:59:22 pm »
Hi and welcome.

I hear that TransEar may be more aesthetically more appealing since it sits inside the ear.... but, I don't use one, so hoping someone here can better offer up thoughts on it.

Welcome to the forums... and be well,
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lorenzo

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 02:00:38 pm »
Well, there's one called a TransEar that some people here are using. It's new and small and fits inside and behind the ear. Search on this site for 'TransEar' and you'll get the relevant threads. Otherwise search the net for TransEar and you'll get the manufacturer.
Hope this helps.
Lorenzo

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 02:08:45 pm »
Well, there's one called a TransEar that some people here are using. It's new and small and fits inside and behind the ear. Search on this site for 'TransEar' and you'll get the relevant threads. Otherwise search the net for TransEar and you'll get the manufacturer.
Hope this helps.
Lorenzo

On that note, the new "Hearing Issues" forum here may have notations of TransEar within the threads/posts....

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?board=17.0

Hope that helps.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 10:43:52 am »
It really depends on your actual lose as to what's aval.  I am completely deaf so the starkey omni was ruled out for me but someone who has a little bit of hearing though not serviceable can use it from what I was told.  Transear fits into your ear with a behind the ear piece.  Almost all the hearing aids I was told would work have the bhe part to them.