Author Topic: Sleep, or lack thereof  (Read 8455 times)

Lorenzo

Re: Sleep, or lack thereof
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 07:20:00 am »
I thought so too, but as it turns out, I'm not. LOL  :)  More and more italians are moving into to IReland now, and there are afew Lorenzos around, apparently. Haven't met one yet though!

Ciao, Lorenzo I     ;D

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »
Hey Lorenzo- the sleep gig- I have notice prior to CK that I was having sleeping issues- and I am a 10 hour kid on average. I figured it was the stress of researching the AN thing.  Having said that I do know for me the following:

1. White Wine, sweet mixed drinks keep me "up all night" - (what a great party song).
2. Decaf coffee, desserts keep me up for a couple hours- again I hate to admit it but I think the sugar is getting to me. (I knew a woman who would not each chocolate at night and I used to think she was kind of lame - really mean of me!.. oh need to wear the other one's shoes for a while to learn a lesson).
3. Advil PM is great- it knocks me out and keeps me out- however, this is not a long term solution.
4. If I walk 2-3 miles and or lift weights or some type of physical excercise (which I really don't like), I do sleep better.

So Bello- I hate to admit it- excercise, avoid alchohol unless you are going out to dance all night and get off the computer by 8 (20:00) at night PST( I lived in spain, but still never got used to military/standard world time).

Having said that- post treatment day one- the STEROIDS are kicking in- WOOHHOO boundless energy ( thank god, I don't have to show up till 1PM tomorrow)!

Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Lorenzo

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 01:08:05 am »
Hi Annie,

I came to the same conclusions: Sugar, not good at night, not even chocolate, sigh; wine can be a bit of a problemm too and not just the white wine, it's the alcohol for me; decaf coffee or any coffee after 17.00 (european time format) is out, just does not work well with sleep. Exersie does work! as much as I ahte to admit it, it does really help with the sleeping. I have started going for regular walks, even if at times it's rather difficult to stick to a routine! Keeping off the computer doesn't seem to make a difference to me, yet. In fact I find it relaxes me for some weird reason! lol

Steroids! Oh yes, eat less overall but more fruit and veg, anythingto keep the system working! Those little pills are BIG trouble, at least they for me for about a week and a bit. The energy rush is great though, isn't it?  :)

Good luck with day 2! Say hi to Larry and gang. Remind them of the 'Irish' guy.

Ciao a presto

Lorenzo