Author Topic: First appointment news.  (Read 5594 times)

Timjk

First appointment news.
« on: January 08, 2007, 01:23:31 pm »
I just got home from my first visit with Dr. Vrionis at Moffitt Center in Tampa.
Tentative surgery date is Feb.1st.
He will do Chiari malformation decompression and remove as much of the right side aucoustic neuroma as he possibly can and try to save my hearing.
The AN on the left side will be something we tackle at a later date,after I recover from "round one"...
Not that this is something to brag about so please don't take it that way, but he told me ,"You are the most complex case I have ever seen."  With my medical history ( muscular dystrophy,NF2 tumors on my spine and AN's, Chairi Malformation causing weakness in my arms and legs,etc. ). I have decided to sign up for "Poster Child of the Year" contests...just kidding...
  My son-in-law and my close friend went with me and all 3 of us are very satisfied with the doctors we saw and their answers and the time they spent with us.
So now it is on to my cardiologist for an updated stress test before surgery.

I will definately keep you all posted.. Thanks for your support.

Tim Kimball
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!

vczar

Re: First appointment news.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 03:41:28 pm »
Tim,

It sounds like you have met many challenges in your life.  I wish you didn't have to add more and I'm so glad you have a good support team with you---and here as well.  My thoughts are with you.

Ginny
Ginny
2 cm.--May 2006
GK-University of Pittsburgh
Dr. Lunsford

Obita

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 04:24:40 pm »
Hi Tim:

I am glad it went well today.  If you like and trust your doctor(s), you made it over the first hurdle. 

Are you ok with having surgery so soon?  I had to wait 7 or 8 weeks as the surgeons were booked that far out.  I would have had surgery the next day if I could have.

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 05:50:00 pm »
Wow, Tim, good luck on that!  Make sure you hook up with Phyl, she's got Chiari as well, as well as some other stuff...I think you just took the "poster child" designation off her lap! 

I'll be sending good thoughts your way....keep us updated!!!!

Kathleen
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Obita

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 07:08:11 pm »
Kathleen: 

You are so right.  Sorry Phyl.  BUMP.  Tim's turn.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Boppie

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 07:37:35 pm »
Tim, You are a hero poster guy!  Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Timjk

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 09:44:41 pm »
I want to thank all the "Little People" for making this award possible.. I tried for over 20 years for the Jerry's Kid MDA poster child award and I always lost to the cute kid with the freckles.. ;D... Seriously, I want to thank ALL of you here who have sent me healing vibes and good luck wishes...

Tim
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!

Battyp

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 07:22:56 pm »
we can go pluder and piliage those other kids for ya! 

You know we're all keeping you in our prayers and good thoughts!  I've met Tims's doc and he's in good hands!  Funny Kathy I had less than a month from diagnosis, consult and surgery due to how advanced my symtpoms were.  Seemed like forever on one hand and too short on another.  If my floors were clean I'd have gone the next day  LOL

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 10:18:31 pm »
You are all so brave about surgery- I'm fighting and kicking all the way to what may be an inevitable conclusion. And Tim, I so admire your bravery and humor, thanks for posting to the site.  And dude you are a poster child, of what I'm not sure! HA! (poster children/adults are sources of inspiration). Thanks Tim- Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

tlmdinger

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 08:08:07 pm »
best of luck and plenty of prayers for you. ;)