Author Topic: Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year !  (Read 2848 times)

chrissmom

Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year !
« on: January 01, 2007, 08:46:40 pm »
Wishing you all a very Healthy and Happy New Year !

Today, I have more good news!  Christopher passed his Driver's evaluation.  It looks like he will be driving again.

He has a very strong will. He seems so focused and determined to beat this thing.  He has been working out on my treadmill daily and still attends physical therapy twice a week.  He is running on the treadmill now.  My heart just leaps because his Father had to carry him at times during our older son's wedding in June.  Chris couldn't walk at all.  His handwriting is coming back too.  I noticed on a Christmas card, beautifully formed letters and my heart leaps again.  He has a determination that we never saw before.  His facial paralysis seems to be improving too.  I keep looking for motion.  I do see tone and before long, I expect to see motion too.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year !
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 09:21:59 pm »
Hooray for Chris.  He comes from a strong family....maybe that's why he's so strong. :D

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

matti

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 03:59:26 pm »
Congrats to Chris ;D  He is such a great source of inspiration to us! I have followed him from your very first post last year and am just amazed and thrilled at his recovery. And you are an AWESOME mom ;D

Happy New Year!!

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 04:14:08 pm »
chrissmom:

What wonderful news!

Your Chris is certainly a fighter.  I share your confidence that he will 'beat this thing' and eventually return to full function.  His youth and, just as importantly, his determination will help him do that.  Your unfaltering encouragment will no doubt remain a big part of  Chris' necessary positive attitude in the weeks and months ahead.  You are an excellent example of unflinching parental support in a time of your child's need for exactly that.  We salute you and wish you and your son the very best for the future.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"[/color]

Jim[/color]
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Obita

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 04:17:34 pm »
This is an amazing thread.

Thank you for sharing such great news with us.  Your son is a wonderful young man and I am proud to know him cyberwise.  

Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2007.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 04:22:10 pm »
chrismom.... you got me in tears.. happy tears... I can only imagine how you feel. What a glorious way to start the new year!

Chris, dude... you just rawk! GREAT job! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"