Author Topic: AN chat rooms??  (Read 5166 times)

Timjk

AN chat rooms??
« on: January 01, 2007, 04:06:10 pm »
This information forum is fantastic. I have learned more in 2 days here than  have in the weeks since I learned I have AN. My question: does anyone know of any good chat rooms involving AN ??
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!

Obita

Re: AN chat rooms??
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 05:49:46 pm »
Hi Tim:

Yes, this forum is a goldmine!! 

I don't know of an AN chat now.  I just discovered yesterday that our frappr.com/acousticneuroma chatroom is gone.  I had used it a few times and went to log on yesterday but it was gone.  I wrote to joef as we had chatted there a few times and he too tried to find it.  Looks like it is gone for good.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 08:17:41 pm »
Hi Tim and Kathy *blows kiss  :-* *

Chat room is a great idea and didn't know that the frappr chatroom was gone. Never did use it as there always seemed to be a connection issue for me when the chat box would show up.

I know of a few that have also made the same thoughts about a chat room.... I also think it's a great idea... and there is also a Saturday night confierence call (telephone) that (hopefully) will restart post-holidays.  Many here (men and women) have logged onto the calls and great to do voice as well.

Possibly a thought about a yahoo chat?  Anyone know how to create a "group" in Yahoo for us, then we can do a chat?  And, for those of us with webcam and microphone, with the ability to use VoiceIP?

Thoughts? Ideas? Bueller?

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Static

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 08:41:12 pm »
My kids use trillian for instant messaging and I know they set up chat groups .......... it's like an IM with alot of people there.  But it doesn't stay open, you have to open one and invite people to the chat.  I don't think people can join in unless they are invited  :-\  It could help tho if a few people wanted to chat.
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 12:01:49 pm »
Was on frappr once before it disappeared, it was fun!  This can be close to real time, but less personal than a chat room. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar