Author Topic: Facial exercies anyone?  (Read 5035 times)

onebadass350bird

Facial exercies anyone?
« on: January 22, 2007, 11:44:37 pm »
I've been doing some that my facial therapist gave me and noticed that when I do them, my AN side cheeck/jaw around gets and odd sensation in it, only when I'm doing the excercies and goes away soon after.  It's difficult to explain the feeling, iit's not painful, but not pleasant at the same time.  I kinda feels like the muscle in there may be getting fatiued from the mild work since they are so out of shape, damn, I hope right since they "should" get stronger after that.  Has anyone else had any similar experiences?

Tom
17 hour Retrosigmoid on 10/19/05 for removal of 4cm AN

TastyKakeman

• 2.0cm removed John Hopkins Dr Henry Brem .
Re: Facial exercies anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:16:08 am »
 Tom,  I am 4 months post-op. I had a PT come to my house to help me with my face. We started doing facial movements on the left side. Left side eye will not close and I have a noticable droop at left side mouth. We did these exercises until I went back to my ENT. He pretty much told me that the PT on my face would be a waste of time. The nerve would have to heal on it's own. So now I do some on my own. I too have had those sensations around the face. I want to believe that it's part of the healing process. My surgery was done at Johns Hopkins hospital in Baltimore MD. 9 and 1/2 hours. Biggest struggle I am having is droop at the mouth. Still kind of hard to pronouce the B's and the P's. :-\
Bob

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 12:04:23 pm »
Hi there - I'm not up to you guys yet, still have the facial paralysis.
Was told the same thing - wait until movement starts.  Also have big time problems with B's & P's. 
At work when I'm on the phone to insurance cos., I have to say 'twice a day' instead of BID.

Can't wait for movement (I hope, I hope), so I can start facial exercises too.

Wishing everyone a full, happy smile,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Quailruner

• Kung Pow that AN thing
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 09:41:15 pm »
Hey Tom,

I am a little over a month out of surgery, and I get a sensation when moving the jaw/cheek.
I have a hearing sensation, when my jaw is closed I can hear more out of the AN side and visa-versa.
I still have facial weakness and have not yet regained muscle control below my eye.
Also in the same boat as Nancy, I have a hard time with "P's" and "B's".
Good luck with the therapy.

Take Care,

Kenn A.
Kenn A. (Peoria AZ)
1.2 x .9 CM AN Right Side
Surgery on 19 Dec 2006 (Middle Fossa)
House Ear Clinic, Los Angles CA
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger