Author Topic: Salt and water/swelling retention  (Read 3756 times)

Palace

• Palace
Salt and water/swelling retention
« on: January 01, 2007, 09:33:10 am »
 :-X

No salt here.  I had lots yesterday on the junk food.  It seems to make the cheek hurt more, ear hurt more, etc.  I think I will do the test and lay-off salt as, the AN symptoms seem worse if I have salt.  Does anyone else notice that?  Since my tumor is on the brainstem, it would apply to those that have about the same size tumor........touching the 8th C. nerve.

Have a safe New Year's Day.......we are off to a different beach for dogs to strech it out, on NY morning.......they need it since we stayed home, yesterday........they are going nuts...........

Enjoy your first day of this 07' and good luck to all of us!   ;D

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Static

Re: Salt and water/swelling retention
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 01:53:43 pm »
Pal,
Salt never made a difference pre or post but post it actually didn't taste right so I didn't use it as much.  Can Zoey go to the beach with you?  She loves to swim.  Then again, with all the rain we got last night, she could almost go swimming in our back yard!  How old are those goldens of yours again?
Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

matti

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 06:55:08 pm »
Palace - when I was pre-diagnosis, I had ear pain and fullness and the doctors that I saw told me that it was due to fluid retention and prescribed a diruretic. I was very salt sensitive before surgery, but have become extremely salt sensitive after and also can not tolerate the taste of it. The tiniest amount makes my whole body puffy and I feel sluggish. While I do indulge in my favorite junk foods, (Mcdonalds/ In and out fries)  I also pay the price for a few days after >:(

Karen - I can't believe how much little Zoey has grown, she is such a beautiful girl. How old is she?  My lab hates the water, can't even stand to be in the rain. Must be a genetic defect as who ever heard of a lab not
loving water LOL 

Cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Static

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 07:05:46 pm »
Matti,
Zoey will be 11 months on Jan 5.  She's way bigger than my other golden who didn't like water.  I guess it just depends on their personalities and Zoey can be absolutely crazy at times!  We do love her tho, how can you not love a face like that especially when it's licking yours all over! :)
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 04:56:39 pm »
We have a dog park on the beach but the dogs are not allowed on the beach.  Strange eh?  I find foods salty tasting more so now than before but haven't noticed a correlation with my face problems and salt just my blood pressure :o(