Author Topic: Is This Ethical (Insurance Related)?  (Read 27696 times)

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: Is This Ethical (Insurance Related)?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 06:55:18 pm »
I have Blue Shield of California- ironically, I went for the cheapest plan as in October 06 I was a healthy 44 year old female with no medical issues... What a joke that turned out to be!  Blue Shield as a buzz word "contracted provider".  As Stanford is a "contracted provider", we got the letter last week that said my cyberknife surgery was 100% covered.  I do have to fulfill a yearly deductible of $4,000 (that's what I get for being a cheapo and going for a cheap monthly premium). (I did call ahead of time to stanford who told me all was well with insurance, as I did with the insurance company who told me about the contracted provider verbiage).

I had the bookeeper at Stanford prepare a spreadsheet for me- turns out the whole bill will be about $69,000 plus change.

I did run into "we don't accept blue shield" - when I was scheduled for a first time visit with the Gamma Knife guy in Sacramento.  But I would have been able to submit the bill and get reimbursed by BS afterwards....

Go with the academic institutions- they take everything and provide great service to boot!  Just my 69K worth! Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys