Author Topic: Has anyone been falling after an removale  (Read 11168 times)

lmurray69

Has anyone been falling after an removale
« on: December 28, 2006, 05:57:14 pm »
 I have fell  today and several days eariler. Its like my body just takes over and does what it wants too.. I didnt tell my husband as  he worries to much..I had a DR call this week and say that I had something else wrong this time my heart again and he wants to see me but i told him no thanks I have one of those and dont want to know anything else..The house DR sent me a letter said they saw something related to my heart on the chest xray. now why didnt they say something then. very disturbed..Linda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Static

Re: Has anyone been falling after an removale
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 07:22:43 pm »
Linda,
I fell a few times because I wasnt being careful enough.  I have to pay strict attention to what I'm doing so that when I do go off balance, I can catch myself.  You might want to see what the docs are tryiing to tell you about your heart.  After going through all the BS with the AN, you should be sure everything else, especially your ticker, is in working order!  Just my opinion tho.  If it was a wart or something, I could see putting it off, but the heart is very important.  Think about it some more!  Take care*
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

matti

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 07:31:47 pm »
Linda - I can totally understand that after all you have been through, you don't want to hear of yet some new thing that might be going on, BUT please don't ignore the doctors call, we love you Linda and want you to stay in good health. PLEASE have your heart checked out soon!!!! 

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

lmurray69

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 07:40:02 pm »
They did a CT on me .I went and got the results , so i read it..It just says that I have plack in the heart. I think it is from the pfo closer the whole they closed in the heart.. But yes,I will have it checked out.. thanks I know that I havent had any problems with ballance but just these last few days..My An ear has been leaking wax.yellow liquid..yes I will haVE IT CHECKED
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Obita

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 07:56:04 pm »
Linda:

I too, fell down a few times post-op.  I blamed it on the dog as she is always 2 inches from me.  I think I was overcompensating.

I am glad to hear you will go and get checked out.  You went through a whole lot of trouble to get rid of the AN and now you deserve a long happy, healthy life no matter how many doctor visits it takes.  I had a few unrelated to AN problems the year after surgery and I felt the same way:  Not again.....but I dealt with it and now I am fine.  No more wondering if I should go to the doctor for me EVER AGAIN.

I admire your courage Linda, Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 05:26:37 am »
Linda,
My family wants to wrap me in bubble wrap!  I have broken an ankle, a wrist, a collar bone, dislocated a shoulder, sprained the other ankle and have more bruises and bumps than I did when I was a clumsy kid.  All since my surgery 7/28/05!!  I'm still off balance and dizzy, but I'm still here and thankful.  I went up in an elevator for my husband's company Christams party (43 foors)  I was sick when I got off, but I went back and went up and down on the darn thing until I turned green.  I'll just keep doing it until I get it right or someone won't let me on again!!  Get everything checked out and make sure that you are okay.  Then give yourself a hug and a break and introduce yourself to the new Linda.  I'm sure she is just as wonderful as the "old" one.  Great article, by the way!
Hugs,
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 05:58:14 am »
 :-\

I'm back in my midnight migraine pattern.  I took 100 mg of Imitrex so, this will be a quick note.  (just after three in the morning)

Here is my idea!  If you feel over-whemed and can't do one more medical thing (I hope I don't need to try this on myself again) if you have the money for, a "say"....massage, of day at the spa, go look at art, go have lunch with your favorite person then a movie or SOMETHING long and special, to detach from doctors, tests, consultations, sadness, etc.  (then you might be able to handle more med-stuff)

I forgot to mention that when our power was out, I was in the entertainment room, lit a candle and fell over.  I couldn't see really well and my husband had run huge cords for the generator, I stepped on those, got off balance in the dark, fell over and almost crashed my head into one of those very large hundred year old iron wood stoves.  That would have killed me for sure.  Those things are not forgiving.  I now realize that I rely on visual in the light for much of my balance.  (I think)  When the power was out, I couldn't balance well.  Oh, falling on an abalone shell my Molucca dog brought in the house didn't help, either.  It was huge.....she found it at the beach and brought it home.  My upper arm is sliced but, that isn't bad.  Don't we all have our times?  You people aren't in this alone!  (I'm finding out, I'm not alone)

I totally understand.  I'm working on all that myself.  When I read about a Ct. scan for sinus.....on this list, I cringed.  I'm going to be tested again for allergies and the thought of another Ct. scan put me in orbit.  No, they didn't recommend that for me yet.  I heard about that possibility on this forum.  I hadn't heard of it before.  The molds, redwood leaves blowing, I'm in the migraine pattern again.  My point is, we need to make life worth living, the quality of life, or what is the point?  I'm speaking for myself but, this is where I get the ideas of being able to face, MORE.

Hang in there and deal with the heart problem.  Take some breaks from it to "gear up for the next bomb that might be dropped on ya."  (you know what I mean)  We all need a break to be strong for the next ROUND.  (next surprise around the corner)  I have had lots and I'm *maxed-out.*  (so, I speak from experience)

Be strong..........if you can take a break, it should help.............

Palace
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:03:21 am by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

lmurray69

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 02:38:12 pm »
I understand where you are all coming from and so glad that I am not alone. My family wants me to wear a football helmet. The Dr laughed when my husband suggestd a helmet..It isnt that bad the DR told him..Today I took Maggie to the park. she will walk just great then jumps that jerks me and i stumble. when someone saw mw fall they came running over she wont let anyone near me. Now that is not good. Cause if i passed out..woo. any way. I have appoints the 2nd and 4th so well see who thinks its ok to fall..ha ha

Denise

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 10:40:18 am »
Linda,
I fell a couple times post op. However, not lately. I think, my brain wasn't keeping up with the rest of me.

I happy you weren't seriously hurt.

Denise
4+ cm, left side
translab 5/9/2005
CSF leak repair 6/23/2005
platinum weight in left eye 11/9/05
12/7 nerve switch 8/3/06
Univ. of MN Drs. Levine/Haines

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 04:50:38 am »
During my frist 6 months post op I fell so many times. And just 2 weeks shy of my 1 yr aniversary of the An surgery, I was back in the OR having my knee scoped because I fell one too many times on it.  SO yes, as you have read here, "ashes, ashes, we all fall down".
  Gert that heart of yours chacked out Linda.  Hearing you can live without, yer heart, UM NO! your really need that part.

And oh, by the way,  pre-op,  I could get drunk and NOT fall down,  post -op, I don't get drunk, and DO fall down, GO FIGURE

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 04:37:26 am »
I have fallen many a time over the years, more so early years but even now if I get a cold or something I'm even more off balance.
At one time I was on a medication to see if it would prevent the headaches from occuring, it made the vertigo so bad I fell off of my chair!
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

littlemissrory

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 02:24:31 pm »
Hi Linda,

I'm going on three years post-op...and I tip from time to time.  I bump into people that are walking next to me, although it works better if they walk on my left.  I've learned to laugh it off, but sometimes I go through "spells".  Times were the dizziness kicks in and it happens more often.  I think it stresses my friends more so I try not to mention it.  If my best friend had her way I'd wear a helmet 24/7.  Being an athletic person I'm no stranger to the emergency room and surgeries and she is my emergency contact...hehe. 

As for having to go back in for another issue...take a deep breathe and go.  I've had to go back to the doctors for a couple of issues since my AN.  I take them one at a time, almost like work and get everything handled.  I agree with everyone- you've come this far...might as well see it through all the way.  You get one body, best to take care of it.

Best of luck!

Rory

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 06:56:53 pm »
Rory, was that you in the Seatle newspaper article I read a while back ?
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

littlemissrory

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007, 12:09:39 pm »
Hi Joef,

If it was regarding sailing then yes, it was me.  Last year I started a fundraiser for The Brain Tumor Society and we do a sailing event here in Seattle (this years a sailing race is on the 28th of April).  That's how the journalist tracked me down.  I learned to sail about a year after surgery...I guess I feel if I'm going to tip over I should have a really good excuse other than that stupid tumor!   ;)  The boat heeling is a great excuse...and insanely fun!

Hope you're well!

Cheers,
Rory

Timjk

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 08:09:36 am »
I went to sleep and fell out of my wheelchair, (ass over elbows) AKA head-first..
while in the hospital.. does THAT count ???... ???...Just thought I would ask..

Tim
Surgery Feb.7th at Moffitt,Tampa. Removed right side AN 3.3 CM plus Chiari Malformation decompression.Second surgery Feb.23rd Ventricle Periphirial Shunt to correct CSF leak.. NO HEARING LOSS.. NO HEADACHES... GOD IS GOOD !!!