Author Topic: Doctor in Houston  (Read 3734 times)


  • New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Doctor in Houston
« on: December 18, 2006, 10:43:11 am »
My doctor in San Antonio refered me to Dr Joe Chang in Houston.  He is in MD Anderson. I have read some threads on this site and read about Dr. Joesph Chang is he the same Dr. ?  Also Boppie had replied to my previos thread and recommended  Dr. Jeffrey Vrabec, Otolargyngology Department at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas. 
I am quite confused should I go to the one my Dr. refered me to or the one I hear that others have tried.  It is a long process to transfer all my medical files from one Dr. to another and I don;t want to keep switching.  Does anyone have any comments please.



  • Guest
Re: Doctor in Houston
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 12:01:44 pm »
Dr. Vrabec does the surgery approach.  He is affiliated with Baylor College of medicine and the Methodist Hospitial in the same area as MD Anderson.  If you want an excellent and caring doctor, he is a hero.  I can write a long description of my experience with him if you'd like.  I can direct you to his bio site with a current photo attached if you want that.  Just write back.

I do not know Dr. Chang.  I didn't even consider going to Anderson, as I have always held them in high reguard for treatment of more serious diseases (malignancies).

An important aspect for you is to check out the health care coverage that each of these doctors will accept.  That could help.


  • Guest
Re: Doctor in Houston
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 12:11:59 pm »
In second thought, after reading your previous posts, I note that you are experiencing facial problems at 15 months post op.  Was Dr. Chang referred for facial retraining?  I mean are you seeking help for the face?  Also, you want to know each doctor's credentials for facial nerve reannimation, not AN surgery or radiation treatment.  So I may have thrown you off. 

Many other posters on this forum refer to facial problems that haven't resolved and I believe they seek help from a therapist.  If you have one in SA who is helping, why seek another?  I don't want to be nosey, but you might get some good advice from some other posters who read me here.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 12:29:44 pm by Boppie »