Author Topic: Pain in my right leg / femur bone ...  (Read 5433 times)

joe94121

Pain in my right leg / femur bone ...
« on: December 17, 2006, 11:48:49 pm »
Hi, i just had my 3 cm AN tumor removed on 12/5/06 after a 7 hour surgery by Dr. Stephan Nutik at Kaiser in Redwood City, CA. The first few days were the worst ... dizziness and headaches ... i am on vicodin every 5-6 hours now ... i even drove a short distance this afternoon ... about 10 miles ... about a week ago, my right leg / femur bone started aching ... at first i thought it was just from sitting and resting in bed and lack of exercise ... but, i have been up and around for a week now and the pain doesn't go away ... is that symptom of a "blood clot" ? what else should i look for? also, my body clock seems to be off ... waking up around 2 a.m. and going back to sleep around 8 a.m. ...

Good luck to and God Bless all of you ... Joe.
Five years of progressive loss of hearing in left ear; diagnosed with a 3 cm. AN tumor; had surgery on in 12/06 to remove 2/3 of it. Recent MRI shows "bulkness" on the remaining 1/3 ... will be seeking radiation treatments on the remaining 1/3 in May 2009.

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Pain in my right leg / femur bone ...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 05:37:53 am »
Hi Joe,

Hope you feel better (you will, takes time); headaches were bad for me first 3 weeks.

If you had a clot, your leg would be swelling.   Also, there's something called the 'Homan's sign':  lay down,straighten & lift the leg up a little & flex the foot, if there's ALOT of pain in the calf, that too is a sign.

Could also be you're having a bit of sciatica, does the pain run down the back/side ??   Could be our old friend arthritis ?  Check with your docs in any case,   better safe.

Expect your sleep to be 'off' for awhile....

Keep a peaceful heart my friend,  & GET PLENTY OF REST,  take naps....   you'll get back to yourself, have patience, it'll take awhile !!
Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Boppie

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 12:22:31 pm »
Joe,
I agree that the leg pain could be about a clot.  I'd have that symptom checked out with the doc.

Since your surgery was 12/5/06 you can expect your sleeping to be erratic.  Try to rest well when sleep hits, and accept the idea that your clock will adjust when healing is more complete.  You won't feel well balanced, energy wise, for another few months. 

Windsong

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 07:01:43 pm »
Joe, do speak with your doctor....

femur bone you say? is that the front or the back or sides of it?

I have that

I understand from a doc 20 yrs ago,  that calf pain can be a clot, also having pain not usually hanging around but in the tendon  behind the heel if that is sudden and unusual can be a clot...

I don't have answers ... simply passing on what I remember... WHy is it that long term memory is soooo much better than short term???????????
  ???