Author Topic: Dealing with sleep issues  (Read 8134 times)

Lorenzo

Re: Dealing with sleep issues
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 06:09:11 am »
Brenda, that's exactly my startegy too! Well, nearly, I don't crochet. The napping whenever needed I highly recommend. It sure helped me a lot and still does on occasions. I also get up when I wake up, unless it's really early then I try to sleep a bit more. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Being awake it's better to do something or make onesefl comfortable on the sofa. I then usually fall asleep again, for a while.

We all need to find a strategy that suits us best. My recommendation, sleep when you feel you have to, and make arrangements to be able to do that.

Ciao, Lorenzo

RosemaryL

Re: Dealing with sleep issues
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 01:26:10 pm »
I notice that the surgery dates are recent for the originator of this topic.  I was totally unable to sleep in the first few weeks after my surgery, but that problem began to abate after I finished taking the steroids presecribed to reduce brain swelling.  FWIW, I also could only do one thing at a time - the proverbial "unable to walk and chew gum".  It seems our brains are chemical factories and those drugs so necessary to solve one problem often cause another.

All these years later, I still have some trouble sleeping - I have to sleep on my hearing ear to block all the sounds.  That one ear has become extra sensitive and my brain seems unable to ignore that single auditory input.
1.5 cm right side AN removed by retrosigmoid approach, 12/1/98
Laligam Sekhar and Sanjay Prasad, George Washington Univ Hosp
deaf on right side, facial feeling and function fully recovered