Author Topic: The next step  (Read 7941 times)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: The next step
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 07:54:34 pm »
Update

Immediately after surgery, half of my left palm, the ring finger, and pinky were all numb due to a pressure bruise at my elbow compressing the ulnar nerve.  This bruise was the result of positioning during surgery that was off by a milimeter or two. 

I'm happy to report that the only numbness I still have is at the tips of the two affected fingers!  A little over two months ago I thought I noticed it getting better, but didn't really want to get my hopes up.  Now, it's undeniable.  After reading about the lengthy process many others go through waiting for facial and other nerves to recover, I feel very lukcy to have this much recovery after 10 months.

Just wanted to update.

**returns to regularly scheduled AN discussion**

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 08:15:24 pm »
FAB news Katie!  Glad this part of the story is finally on the mend... about dang time!  So,  next time I see you and you gimme a huggle, you may actually "feel" it in your arm? :)

Thrilled with this news! :) and have a great time in Philly!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

lora

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 11:13:28 am »
I have a funny one for y'all which I wasn't going to mention--but we need all the laughs we can muster...After the last surgery my right breast went numb--again a positioning thing.  I am laughing telling the surgeon--they have been in my way all my life--who would dream they would be in the way for brain surgery!!!!!G?etting better now though...
4.7cm x all over my head, filling 4th ventricle, squashing the brainstem
translab by the awesome Dr.Tomaras 4/12/07
retrosigmoid, Drs. Tomaras and Steuer 6/4/07
GK in Oct. for the little bit left?
2007--the year of the head "what a long, strange trip it's been"

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 07:18:14 pm »
That's hysterical!  LOL!  I could see that happening to me, too - the things are always in the way!   ;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)