Author Topic: LacriLube Eye Ointment  (Read 137 times)

hardproperties@att.net

LacriLube Eye Ointment
« on: April 03, 2024, 03:08:27 pm »
I have been using Refresh LacriLube eye ointment since 1983! That is when I had my 3.5 cm acoustic neuroma removed. As a result of the surgery I am deaf  on the left side, dry eye on left side, and facial paralysis on left side. This June it will be 41 years! Alargan stopped making LacriLube eye ointment. I called them and they said it might be back on the market in April or May. I started using Equate Eye Ointment from WalMart, which is exactly the same as LacriLube. But then it was recalled by WalMart (for the second time) as possibly being contaminated. I PANICKED! I absolutely must have my eye lubricated 24/7 or it is extremely painful. What are you all using for eye lubrication? I also found on Amazon a product called Optase, which works pretty well. It is more expensive and I don't care for the packaging. If anyone has a good alternative to LacriLube, please let me know. Thank you.

Director

• Administrator
Re: LacriLube Eye Ointment
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 09:34:37 am »
Dear hardproperties@att.net,

I hope that others will share their experiences here, and providing some links below that might be helpful for you.

The Dry Eye Shop
https://dryeyeshop.com/

The Dry Eye Foundation
https://www.dryeyefoundation.org/

If you want to connect with ANA volunteers experiencing dry eye, reach out to mentors@anausa.org.

Take care,

The ANA Team

Jill Marie

Re: LacriLube Eye Ointment
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 09:22:14 pm »
Hi! I know exactly how you are feeling, I use ointment 24/7 also and have since 1992.  I'm also left side deaf, dry eye and some paralysis.  I have experienced the no more eye ointment issues as well, discontinued, changed ingredients (new ones burn eye), increased price a lot and my favorite, temporarily out of stock while we change the design on the tube!  I have a HUGE stock of it now, to avoid future panic.  I use Bausch and Lomb Soothe PM.  I also wear an Acuvue Oasys w/Hydraluxe daily lens. It's a soft lens that I put in first thing in the morning and wear all day.  The lens cost just over $1.00 a day. It's worth it, before I got the lens I wanted my eye removed because I couldn't stand the pain anymore despite using 3 to 4 tubes of ointment a day.  I hope this helps!  Jill :)
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.