Author Topic: Drs at Vanderbelt recommended  (Read 731 times)

newtome

Drs at Vanderbelt recommended
« on: August 01, 2023, 07:11:36 pm »
Hello, I was just diagnosed with an 8 mm AN in June. I have tried doing a lot of research and have read lots of good things about Dr Reid Thompson and Dr. Rivas. However I believe Dr. Rivas has now moved on to somewhere else. Does anyone have good experiences or recommendations for another doctor there at Vanderbelt who would be on Thompsons team?

donjehle

Re: Drs at Vanderbelt recommended
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 03:03:21 pm »
I understand the Vanderbilt has an excellent acoustic neuroma team.  I believe that Vanderbilt is even one of the sponsors of the Acoustic Neuroma Association.  My ENT told me that they were excellent.  However, I have never been there and cannot share any personal experience from there.

But what you could do is go back to the Home page of the ANA Forums, and in the Search field on the right side, type in "Vanderbilt" and then press Enter.  When I did that, it produced 183 forum references for Vanderbilt.  Some of them are not relevant at all and you can ignore them.  Some are several years old, and you can ignore them as well.  But there might be others where patients described their experience at Vanderbilt.  You could read what they wrote on the forums, or the other option, newtome, is to send them a direct message and ask them individually any questions you have about their doctors.

I hope this helps!  And best wishes on your journey!  Please keep us posted on your experience.
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

newtome

Re: Drs at Vanderbelt recommended
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 08:54:09 pm »
Thank you very much! I appreciate the advice!