Author Topic: Excess bone in way of tumor  (Read 804 times)

cherylann

Excess bone in way of tumor
« on: February 02, 2023, 07:10:28 pm »
Hi all- I am new to this site but have a question.  When going over my MRI with my surgeon (surgery scheduled for the 20th of this month) he mentioned a bone growth (both sides) inhibiting the tumor removal.  Surgery (translab) is long enough. Now this will be longer! (more than eight hours?) Has anyone else had this occur and how much longer was your surgery?  Sorry if I sound "all business"- I am scared to death. Thanks everyone!! Cheryl Ann

donjehle

Re: Excess bone in way of tumor
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 07:28:47 pm »
Hi Cheryl Ann!

Thanks for posting on the forums!  I am not familiar with the bone growth you mentioned, but I wanted to say that we want to encourage you and support you for your surgery.  Many here have been through their surgeries and are living normal, productive lives.  I wish you the best for your procedure.  Please keep us posted on how it goes!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

cherylann

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 01:18:01 pm »
Thank you Don!  I need all the support I can get right now!! I want my old life back!!
:-). Cheryl Ann

donjehle

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 07:01:18 pm »
Yes, Cheryl Ann!

Probably most everyone on these forums would love to have their old life back.  However, we have learned how to love life despite the challenges.

I know that you must really be afraid.  I think we all have been afraid at one time or another.  It's a scary diagnosis to receive.  And yet, I gain a lot of strength from others who have traveled this journey before us.

We wish you the very best!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.