Author Topic: 10 years after translab surgery  (Read 972 times)

TMT2011

10 years after translab surgery
« on: November 27, 2022, 03:21:58 pm »
Hello.  It has been a little over ten years since my translab surgery to remove the tumor.   It was very rough at first but have learned to live with the issues that remain.  However, this past week a new issue has shown which is very concerning (have a call in to my dr at this time) and wanted to know if anyone else has had the experience.
On the same exact place and side of the surgery, a very sharp pain, almost like a quick shock started occurring this week.  Very quick, short but painful.  So much that it takes my breath away.  Tried OTC pain relief but it doesn't stop them.  Better when asleep or laying flat.
This seems very strange to me and just wanted to see if this is normal.  Kind of frightening.

Thank you.
TMT

alabamajane

Re: 10 years after translab surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 08:54:00 am »
Hi,, sorry for your new symptom. It can be so worrisome when something new develops. It sounds terribly painful!

I am 11 years out from translab but I haven’t developed this issue. Sorry I’m no help.

Do you have a metal ( titanium?) plate in your surgery area? Maybe it is causing a new issue?,,,

I hope the doctor calls you back today and that you get some relief soon.
Please post and let us know how you get.
I pray you find an answer soon
Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

donjehle

Re: 10 years after translab surgery
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 02:35:46 pm »
Welcome back to the ANA forums, TMT!

One thing I have learned is that everyone's journey seems to be a little bit different (even though we may have a lot of similarities).  I will also be curious to see if anyone else responds by saying that they experienced the same issue.

I also hope that you will share what your experience was like with your surgery and recovery.  That could be helpful to many of us.

Best wishes on your continued recovery.  And please let us know if the doctor is able to determine what the cause is.
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.