Author Topic: Facial Twitches 5 year Post Op  (Read 764 times)

Kaci

Facial Twitches 5 year Post Op
« on: October 17, 2022, 11:11:27 am »
I had AN removal in 2017, I had my 5 year MRI scan/check up back in May, all was good. The last few months I have been experiencing upper lip twitching and sometimes I can feel it in the nose area. Its not constant but its on and off on a daily basis. I would like to think that maybe the facial nerves are still repairing themselves and these twitches can be normal. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

donjehle

Re: Facial Twitches 5 year Post Op
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 07:59:26 pm »
Thank you for sharing your experience, Kaci!

That is what the forum is all about.  It seems odd to me that this would happen 5 years after your surgery, but the one thing I have learned about acoustic neuromas is that nothing is strange.  While we share many things in common, there are a lot of things which are different among all of us.  None of us travel the exact same path.

With that said, I would also love to hear from anyone who has experienced what Kaci has.
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

gbly

Re: Facial Twitches 5 year Post Op
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 12:39:06 pm »
Kaci,
I did not have surgery, but did radiation.  I had the radiation side mess with my facial nerve too.  I like how you are thinking, I say the same thing to myself that it is the nerve still coming back.  From different things I have read nerves can take years to heal, so I always say there is hope.
Good luck and I hope that it what is happening!
Like Don says, please keep us posted.
v/r GB