Author Topic: Post-AN Life can be Great!  (Read 1023 times)

Greece Lover

Post-AN Life can be Great!
« on: October 05, 2022, 07:35:58 am »
Hi everyone,
Just a note of encouragement that you can live a full life after/with AN.  I recently took a three week trip to Turkey. It was amazing, exhausting, and I could do it all.  Hardly thought of my AN/surgery, etc. the whole time I was there!

I wanted to attach a photo here but I can't figure out how!

Greece Lover (and, I did send a few days in Greece at the end of my turkey trip)
Vestibular Schwannoma 1.2 cm. Right side.
Middle fossa surgery at University of Iowa on May 9 2016.
Hearing saved.  Face is fine. Balance pretty darn good most days.
One year follow up MRI showed no tumor. 
Five year follow up showed no tumor, so I'm in the clear.

Dlip246

Re: Post-AN Life can be Great!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 09:47:34 am »
Hi Greece Lover,

Thank you for posting this.  It is always nice and encouraging to see positive posts about how life can still be great even with all of our issues.  Keep it up!
1.4 x .83 x 6 cm (14 x 8.3 x 6 mm).  watched slowly grow for 2 years then CK January 2022.  3 months post CK hazy head, 6 months post CK now having hemifacial spams same side. Spasms haven't stopped almost one year after they started :(

donjehle

Re: Post-AN Life can be Great!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 08:19:15 pm »
It's always great to hear from you, Greece Lover!

I have never been to Turkey, but I have been to Greece, and I loved every minute I was there.  Thanks for sharing your experience, as Dlip246 said.  It is a great encouragement to everyone who reads the post!
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.