Author Topic: Suture help?  (Read 1823 times)

Carver55

Suture help?
« on: April 06, 2022, 10:47:10 am »
I have an appt next week to remove my stitches they aren't stapes. The office I've been dealing with has been a bit frustrating. They said they would need removed in 2 weeks and they booked me for 8 weeks and I finally got it settled and fixed after 3 calls and them changing it without my approval. So I go in next week to have them removed. A woman on the portal told me they are dissolvable and will fall out on their on but the doctor told me when I was there that they weren't they were the stronger ones! They are all confused there!! So I'm just gonna go to my appt next week and try to figure out what's being said and done. But has anyone actually had dissolvable stitches there??? They glued my stomach where they took the graft. I had a translabyrinthine surgery done last week.
translabyrinthine Done on 3/29/22 at emory in atl. No facial paralysis. Lost a bit of taste on left side and balance and walking issues. Ssd left side.

donjehle

Re: Suture help?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 06:23:50 pm »
Hi Carver55!

I can't help you with your question about your sutures; hopefully someone else can share their experience with stitches, dissolvable or not.

But what I can comment on is my experience with some of the office people at Emory.  When I saw the neurosurgeon there, he recommended a vestibular therapist there at Emory to help me with my dizziness.  I tried making an appointment with the vestibular therapist while I was at Emory, but they said that the doctor had not put a referral in his notes.  I asked them to please contact him and get the referral.  It took three phone calls following up with them before they finally got the referral and made an appointment for four months later.  I could not wait for four months as my dizziness was causing me to fall.  So, I found my own vestibular therapist in the Atlanta area (who was very good), but she needed the referral from my neurosurgeon.  So, I had to call Emory almost every day for two weeks for them to fax the order to my vestibular therapist.

So, my only advice for you is to keep on top of it because, while their care is excellent, the left hand at Emory doesn't seem to know what the right hand is doing.  Or, at least, that has been my experience there.  Your mileage might vary.
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.