Author Topic: 26 years post surgery  (Read 3675 times)

cmjrff

26 years post surgery
« on: March 31, 2022, 03:27:14 pm »
Hello.  In my mid sixties after AN surgery 26 years ago and continuing to experience eye care challenges due to dryness and lower lid drooping.  I'm considering a visit to my eye surgeon who has cared for me off and on over all these years.  The most helpful procedure was a lower eyelid lift that rolled the lid closer to the surface of my eye.  That was 10 years ago and gravity continues to challenge the affected side of my face.  Has anyone had similar procedures at my age and if so, what have been your results.  I'm wanting to hear from others before consulting with my surgeon.  Thank you for any information and I would be happy to answer any questions or share about some of my experiences if that would help anybody.

donjehle

Re: 26 years post surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 06:39:08 pm »
Hi cmjrff!  And welcome to the Forums!

Wow, you had the AN surgery 26 years ago.  I can only imagine how it was done back then compared to how it is done today!  I am certainly wondering what kind of improvements they have made in doing eye procedures since the one you had 10 years ago.

Hopefully, someone from the AN Community can share their experience and tell what their results have been.  That would be very helpful for you before you consult with your surgeon.

You are certainly a valuable resource person for anyone who is having similar issues.  Thank you for posting!
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 10:14:58 pm »
Hi there,  I had an surgery 2006, total right sided facial paralysis.  1 year later had the T3 surgery.  After 17 years I will be having a canthorrhaphy to tighten my upper and lower inner eyelids after having a corneal ulcer.   
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

donjehle

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 07:43:37 pm »
Thank you for posting on the forums again, nancyann.  With your experience, you are a great resource to the forums as well as a Hero member!  Please keep us posted on your canthorrhaphy.  I'm not even sure what that is.  But I'm looking forward to hearing from you again.

Best wishes on your continued journey!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.