Author Topic: Headaches upon waking after middle fossa  (Read 3194 times)

kcollette

Headaches upon waking after middle fossa
« on: February 21, 2022, 08:12:20 am »
Has anyone else had awful headaches when waking up in the morning after having middle fossa surgery? It’s like a cap of pressure around the top of my head. They’ve gotten worse for me in the past week and I’m going to ask my doctor about them but thought I’d see if this is a common problem. I sleep with a wedge pillow and a regular pillow and have pre- and post-surgery. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it. Once I sit up or get up and move around it usually goes away within a half hour or so but it is a terrible way to wake up every day. I’m now 4 weeks post-surgery.

donjehle

Re: Headaches upon waking after middle fossa
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 07:11:05 am »
Do you still have awful headaches now that it is a couple months after your surgery, kcollette?

I was just wondering how it was going for you now . . .
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

kcollette

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 05:48:20 pm »
Thanks for checking in! These specific headaches right when waking up have almost completely disappeared. Even when I wake up with a headache now it’s not as bad and doesn’t last very long. I do still get headaches when I do too much either physically or mentally (work really taxes my brain), but if catch it early and lay down for five minutes with my eyes closed they usually go away. The other time I get the pressure-type headache is when hanging upside down, but I don’t think that’s an issue for most people! I do aerial silks and have found that position to be my only silks-related challenge so far post-surgery.

donjehle

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 06:36:11 am »
Except for the aerial silks, that is very good news!  I am glad that your headaches have almost completely disappeared by now.  You mention that you still get headaches when you do too much physically or mentally, and that is how it is with me and my balance.  After vestibular therapy, my balance is usually pretty good except when I am too tired physically or mentally.  Then I start to feel wonky, and so I am trying to learn not to overdo it.  It sounds like you have to be careful as well not to overdo your work.  But at least you have learned how to catch it early and lay down for five minutes as a way to resolve them.

Best wishes on your continued recovery!
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

kcollette

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 04:16:04 pm »
Yes, figuring out my limits was tough! I think it’s an ongoing learning process for sure.

mkernrap

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 03:40:17 pm »
finding our limits is so essential to a balanced day!