Author Topic: Never been so happy to be able to bend over and to blow my nose!  (Read 2388 times)

MariettaJoker

I'm now 6 weeks post surgery and I can finally bend over and blow my nose! Those were the two restrictions that I've had to deal with for the last 6 weeks. I never thought I'd be so excited to be able to bend over and pick something up or to be able to blow my nose! Just a little milestone I'm celebrating!! Recovery is going great other than ongoing facial paralysis that will likely require additional surgery due to damage to my facial nerve by the tumor.

Now the bad news....now that I'm off restriction, my wife will now make me pick up the dog poo when we do our daily 4 mile walks!
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane" - Jimmy Buffett
Vestibular Schwannoma 2.3 x 2.5 cm. Right side.
Surgical approach was translabyrinthine on 11/30/21 at Emory Hospital in Atlanta, GA.
Total right side hearing lost and facial paralysis on right side
Phonak Audeo CROS-P hearing aids

bob_neuroma

Re: Never been so happy to be able to bend over and to blow my nose!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 03:03:57 pm »
Glad you are doing well!!!

I had surgery about the same time as you and my stiffness is getting much better. I am not certain about the mental fatigue part but I am slowly getting more alert and active in my day to day activities. Things get better.

My facial nerve is still a bit compromised but it is also getting better. Hope the additional surgery required for yours will help heal it.

Take care and enjoy picking up the poo :)

gbly

Re: Never been so happy to be able to bend over and to blow my nose!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 07:23:16 pm »
Congratulations to you both.
You make me laugh on the dog cleanup patrol!