Author Topic: Going back to work post surgery  (Read 1898 times)

Groylance

Going back to work post surgery
« on: January 13, 2022, 10:10:55 am »
Hey y’all.
I’m almost exactly 1 year post RS surgery and I’m having a heck of a time maintaining a full time work schedule. The exhaustion is very hard to deal with including loss of focus, confusion, etc.
Any recommendations on how to overcome this stuff? I’m 36 but thinking about working full time for 30 more years feeling like this is pretty awful.

MariettaJoker

Re: Going back to work post surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 06:17:56 am »
Groylance,

I'm a pretty healthy 60 year old that had surgery 6 weeks ago and I've not experienced the problems you noted. Prior to surgery I walked 4 miles daily and I've done the same since the day after I arrived home from surgery. My recovery has been an extremely positive experience other than some significant facial paralysis that I'll have to deal with. If you don't exercise daily, I'd suggest you try and walk at least 2-3 miles a day and see if that helps. In addition to the positive mood impacts this has, it also helps balance and overall fitness. I'm pretty sure just walking everyday has made a big difference in my recovery.

Good luck to you.
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane" - Jimmy Buffett
Vestibular Schwannoma 2.3 x 2.5 cm. Right side.
Surgical approach was translabyrinthine on 11/30/21 at Emory Hospital in Atlanta, GA.
Total right side hearing lost and facial paralysis on right side
Phonak Audeo CROS-P hearing aids