Author Topic: Symptoms are getting worse…….  (Read 2962 times)

geoffreyowens

Symptoms are getting worse…….
« on: January 12, 2022, 07:36:26 pm »
So I have an appointment with the ENT Dr on the 25th this month. After that the ENT Dr and my Neurosurgeon will schedule my surgery hopefully in March. I’m going to Barrow and Dr Porter is my neurosurgeon. I’m starting to freak out a little bit. I’ve started working out everyday doing cardio. My massive headaches are consistent and haven’t really changed in frequency but when they happen it’s rough. Pulsating in my head and behind my eyes along with the ringing in my ear gets really loud and it to pulsates. My lips and mouth are still tingling like I’ve have been to the dentist. But recently the eye on my AN side has been getting blurry. I feel like my Tumor is getting worse or maybe it just knows it’s about to get removed lol. It’s 2.9 cm so it’s fairly big. Maybe I pushed myself to hard working out tonight? 15 min warmup on stationary bike then an intense 30 min on the elliptical machine burning 400 calories. Any thoughts? Obviously I’m definitely bringing up these symptoms to the ENT Dr.

MariettaJoker

Re: Symptoms are getting worse…….
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 06:28:56 am »
geoffreyowens,

It sounds like your tumor is now large enough where it's pressing pretty good on your facial nerve, which may be why you are now feeling numbness or tingling in your face. I had the same issue prior to my surgery 6 weeks ago and in fact I had noticeable facial paralysis prior to surgery. As far as your eye being blurry, you are likely experiencing some minor paralysis in your eyelid not closing well due to the same paralysis issues. Your eye is drying out and causing the vision issues. I'd suggest you start putting in Refresh non-preservative eye drops in every hour or so to keep the eye from drying out. You don't want to have a scratched cornea for sure! Be sure and ask your ENT about this matter when you visit with them. I've been doing this since prior to surgery as I had and still have facial paralysis due to facial nerve damage caused by my tumor. I also apply Systane eye gel at night and tape my eye shut to keep it from drying out. I'm having an additional surgery this month to put a weight in my eyelid so that my eye will close naturally.

By the way, I didn't have too much issue with headaches prior to or after surgery, so I can't comment on that, but I think it's pretty common stuff. My overall advice about what you are facing, the dread is likely worse than the reality of what you are about to go through....
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 06:31:22 am by MariettaJoker »
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane" - Jimmy Buffett
Vestibular Schwannoma 2.3 x 2.5 cm. Right side.
Surgical approach was translabyrinthine on 11/30/21 at Emory Hospital in Atlanta, GA.
Total right side hearing lost and facial paralysis on right side
Phonak Audeo CROS-P hearing aids

Bp15

Re: Symptoms are getting worse…….
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 08:04:39 am »
So I have an appointment with the ENT Dr on the 25th this month. After that the ENT Dr and my Neurosurgeon will schedule my surgery hopefully in March. I’m going to Barrow and Dr Porter is my neurosurgeon. I’m starting to freak out a little bit. I’ve started working out everyday doing cardio. My massive headaches are consistent and haven’t really changed in frequency but when they happen it’s rough. Pulsating in my head and behind my eyes along with the ringing in my ear gets really loud and it to pulsates. My lips and mouth are still tingling like I’ve have been to the dentist. But recently the eye on my AN side has been getting blurry. I feel like my Tumor is getting worse or maybe it just knows it’s about to get removed lol. It’s 2.9 cm so it’s fairly big. Maybe I pushed myself to hard working out tonight? 15 min warmup on stationary bike then an intense 30 min on the elliptical machine burning 400 calories. Any thoughts? Obviously I’m definitely bringing up these symptoms to the ENT Dr.

Are there days that your headache were better?  Was there itchiness and pain inside the ear that has the tumor sometimes?  Mime are having these symptoms similar to what you have in addition to the tingling of the lip and mouth and stuffiness on that side.  Also what about pressure in the back of your head when laying down on pillow? I had surgery 15 years ago and now it might be back.  Will get mri and see doctor next week.  Btw my headaches seem to be lessen now.