Author Topic: I think I’ve found my people  (Read 3365 times)

arbee

I think I’ve found my people
« on: January 04, 2022, 07:24:16 pm »
I woke up on December 16th with a killer headache that hasn’t gone away since. It was unusual because I feel like I hadn’t had a headache in over a year. It’s a constant dull ache and I feel a lot of pressure in there. A week into the headache I developed a constant ringing in both ears that also hasn’t gone away since. Then last week I noticed I was experiencing some slight hearing loss. I had found myself needing to turn the car stereo volume louder than usual and that I was having to have my partner repeat himself often while we were sitting on the couch watching TV.

I finally saw my GP yesterday. All she was able to do was a very simple audio test that did show hearing loss in my right ear. She prescribed me Naproxen 500mg for the headache and referred me to ENT. I can’t get in to see them until January 26th. I already have another appointment with my GP on January 18th. She said if nothing has changed or gotten worse she is ordering blood tests and a CT scan.

All that doesn’t seem like enough to jump to this conclusion but after much research (which I now realize is just a tiny bit of what’s to come), it explains a lot of weird things that have been happening in the past many years.

I have lots of mental health problems that I’ve been on a ton of meds for going on 15 years now. Over the years I’ve experienced unexplained nausea and vomiting. I’ve had dizzy spells with no explanation, including a rough spot where I had to sit in my car for four hours until extreme dizziness (vertigo? I really don’t know the difference) passed enough for me to drive safely. I’ve felt a lot of numbness in my hands, feet, and lips that comes and goes (have particularly felt it after vomiting), and I suffer from extreme fatigue that doesn’t go away no matter what changes are made.

All of this has happened within the last 10 years. Because the symptoms would come and go and that I’ve been on a million psych meds, we always assumed it was side effects. Now I’m putting it all together and I swear it’s an AN that has been in there growing over all these years.

What do you guys think?

MarlaB

• Administrator
Re: I think I’ve found my people
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 08:10:08 pm »
Welcome!

You really won't know for sure until you get the MRI done, make sure they use contrast. It's the best way to see these sneaky buggars. I know that the not-knowing is the hardest part

I hope it's something super easy to treat and you don't have an acoustic neuroma, but know that if you do, you are in an awesome group of people that will support you every step of the way.

Marla B.

donjehle

Re: I think I’ve found my people
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 08:42:41 pm »
Hi arbee!

It is well after January 26th when you were supposed to see the ENT.  Do you have an update?  I was wondering if you had the MRI?

Best wishes on your health journey!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.