Author Topic: Plethora of odd issues  (Read 2063 times)

Callie08

Plethora of odd issues
« on: August 22, 2021, 02:05:22 pm »
Hello all,

I am almost 4 months post gamma knife surgery and have been experiencing many odd symptoms since approximately 2 months post-op. My tinnitus is much worse (I expected this), my balance is shot, and I have waves of nausea and headaches. The most troubling issues are extreme dizziness when working out, grinding insomnia, and feeling intense brain numbness, which is the only way I can describe it, whenever I even remotely exert myself or, when I do actually sleep, upon suddenly waking up. The intense brain numbness upon waking is accompanied by breathlessness and nausea. My neurologist says that less than 2 % of folks who have gamma knife surgery experience side effects. I am not sure if I believe this given how awful mine have been. He has offered for me to move up my MRI to a sooner appointment but I declined. However, the side effects are worsening, not getting better, so I am going to take him up on his offer. Has anyone experienced some or all of these side effects?

TIA

gbly

Re: Plethora of odd issues
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 10:45:41 pm »
Good evening Callie08,
I am sorry you are going though all of that.  I am like you, not sure that 2% is accurate.  Seems we have a higher percentage of side effects then it gets counted.  Maybe this forum is getting that out there more....
I have headaches etc too, but I have noticed since all this I get migraines more, which is not a side effect, but happening.  I think mine might be food related. What I am trying to say, is you might be having something similar.  When I clean eat, my side effects go away, when I try sauces for food, I think they are loaded with MSG's and that makes me miserable for about 3 days.  I just started realizing it and shifting back to clean with no sauces etc to see if that helps.

I have similar headaches numbness so to speak and wanted to see if maybe you are actually getting migraines.  Good luck.
They suck!
v/r GB

Callie08

Re: Plethora of odd issues
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 09:30:37 am »
Hey GB,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I do get migraines, but I call them migraines on steroids because they can last for weeks if I am not uber careful with my diet. I try not to eat refined sugar, do not eat processed foods, and really watch my alcohol intake. One of the biggest triggers of my side effects is alcohol that has natural flavours in them, such as Truly or White Claw. My poor head after just one of those. I guess the silver lining with have an AN is it prompts us to eat clean. Yes, the migraines suck!! I might go get my blood pressure measured to try and pinpoint my dizziness that I get after exertion. Perhaps it is coincidental rather than a side effect of my GK.

Thanks again : )