Author Topic: Timing between diagnosis and surgery?  (Read 3729 times)

kelseygibson

Timing between diagnosis and surgery?
« on: June 01, 2021, 02:35:54 pm »
Hey everyone!

I am a 28 yr. old female in Colorado that was diagnosed with a 2.8 cm AN last week. From the size and the symptoms I am already experiencing I am fully preparing for the neurosurgeon to suggest surgery, which I whole heartedly agree with.

My question is what was your timeline from diagnosis to surgery? I understand that this is not something that qualifies as needing "emergency surgery" and some people wait a month or more.

Thanks in advance!!

alschneid

Re: Timing between diagnosis and surgery?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 09:02:18 pm »
Sorry to hear that you’ve joined the club. I was diagnosed with a 1cm AN in March and I’m scheduled to have surgery at the end of June. I was considering observation but I just want to get this thing taken out and move on with life! Good luck to you!

Greece Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 04:22:07 pm »
I was diagnosed late Feb/Early March, and then had surgery in early May.  I had the same feeling--wanted it out, and I'm glad I did.

It is nice to have a bit of time flexibility to try to schedule it at a time that is the most convenient.  Good luck!
Vestibular Schwannoma 1.2 cm. Right side.
Middle fossa surgery at University of Iowa on May 9 2016.
Hearing saved.  Face is fine. Balance pretty darn good most days.
One year follow up MRI showed no tumor. 
Five year follow up showed no tumor, so I'm in the clear.

hayleevanvalkenburgh

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 09:21:03 am »
I was diagnosed march 18 2021 with a 3.3 cm. i wanted to finish this semester of college before surgery. it was originally scheduled for July 16th, then was pushed to July 30th due to conflicting schedules with my surgeons. They said as long as i didn't become more symptomatic the wait would be okay, but pushing 6+ months would be too long.