Author Topic: ISO FLA Surgical Team Meticulous on Quality of Patient Life First  (Read 4473 times)

stephanieross

Moved to Orlando, Diagnosed with a large AN.  Looking for a surgical team that provides quality of after life for patients first.  working to preserve not only the face nerve but the hearing as well. 
In a Taiwan pubmed study 1100 retrosig intracapsular partial removal preserved hearing in almost all the patients.  this is what i want.  better quality after the surgery.  I also want my own bone put back in and no metal ever.
Would love to find a caring about their patients first over everything else.

Physician Surgeons recommended please?  Willing to travel anywhere in the state of Fl!!!
Stephanie Ross

CA Marti

Re: ISO FLA Surgical Team Meticulous on Quality of Patient Life First
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 06:23:22 pm »
Hi Stephanie,
I'm a newbie here so I don't know how qualified I am to answer your questions. I can tell you that Dr.Rick Friedman and Dr.Schwartz from UCSD (San Diego) have an outstanding reputation as surgeons for acoustic neuromas and I had a great feeling about them when I met them. If I chose surgery at some point I would go to them. I did want to mention something, though, I'm not sure why nobody else brings this up as a question to ask surgeons, but, I would ask them if anyone else is involved in the surgery besides them. If you only want them to perform every aspect of the surgery, you can request that. Also, I'd highly recommend getting at least three opinions from three different neurosurgeons. Best of luck to you.
CA Marti
Marti

Diagnosed 5/28/2021 10.5mmX8.5mmX6mm
Next MRI   11/22/2021 10mmX8mmX6mm
MRI           12/9/2022   5mmX6mmX7mm

Sheryl

Re: ISO FLA Surgical Team Meticulous on Quality of Patient Life First
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 07:12:59 pm »
Hi Stephanie - it's been a very long time since I've checked this board as I've been on W&W for 20 years!!!   When I was first diagnosed, a neurosurgeon friend of the family recommended University of Florida in Gainesville (I'm on the S.W. coast of Florida).  I never went but would have if I was considering surgery.  Good luck.
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W