Author Topic: COVID-19 vaccination tracker of side effects (hopefully none)  (Read 2601 times)

cceekkoo11

Record here your experience after getting vaccinated.
1. Are you post-surgery, how long, did you have any issues like facial palsy even minimal prior to the vaccination.
2. What vaccine you took, how many doses so far.
3. Do you have any issues after vaccination.

Buffybeth

Re: COVID-19 vaccination tracker of side effects (hopefully none)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 12:47:34 pm »
I had surgery on 2/2/21 and then received a second Pfizer shot 2.5 weeks later.  My primary side effect was an intense headache that rippled across the top of my head every 30 seconds or so.  I took Tylenol and that helped.  I also was much more sleepy than usual, first sleeping late and then needing to take a nap to help dilute the discomfort from the headache, which I never typically have.  By the second day, all these symptoms were gone!
AN, 2 cm, left side
Retrosig, 4/2012, Brigham & Women's, Al-Mefty
   *lost hearing on left side during surgery
   *tumor slowly returned; face numbness
Gamma Knife, 11/2018, UPMC , Lundsford
    *Facial spasms 2 yr out; large cyst growth
Translab, 2/2021, UCSD, Schwarz/Friedman

dwilliams35

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 12:53:50 pm »
J&J.  Took shot at noon on Monday,  woke up Tuesday fairly achy and tired, went to bed Tuesday night the same way, woke up wednesday with zero problems.  Nothing at all beyond that..  Of course I'm not sure the alien DNA has had the chance to really kick in yet.
Diagnosed 2-2017,  GK 10-2017.

Sailsurf

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 11:12:30 am »
I had the J&J vaccine on 03/10/21 with only a sore shoulder as side affect. Woke up today 03/19/21 with vertigo and nausea. I am in watch and wait mode for 7 years now with tiny acoustic neuroma.

Colorado Alex

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 08:17:49 am »
I had first dose of Pfizer on Tuesday, 3/16.  I had no symptoms except a sore shoulder for two days.  Yesterday I started to feel a little more "wonky" than usual and had more balance issues... Last night I had full on Vertigo.  I haven't had that since before my treatment.   I don't know if it is related to the vaccine or just from the tumor dying.    I am feeling quite nauseous today.   Shoulder is no longer sore.

I am 9 months post Cyber Knife. 
Diagnosis 12/26/2019  2.1 x 1.9 x 1.4 cm left side AN, hearing 90%… and declining.
Daily headaches resolved with help of neurologist.
Cyberknife July 2020 at Stanford.  Dr. Chang.

bfoley

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 04:12:43 am »
Treatment was Gamma Knife ay Rochester Mayo in July 2019.  Had first vaccine 3/20/21 and it was Pfizer.  Sore arm was the only new side effect.  Always have tinnitus and some balance issues but nothing became worse (or better!).  Can't wait to be fully vaccinated!

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 07:22:51 pm »
I had my first shot of Pfizer on 3/24, on 3/26 my tinnitus had ramped up so loud and bad that I was in tears.  I also thought it was starting up in my right ear  :'(.  After doing much research, I found articles that stated that tinnitus and sudden hearing loss were rare side effects of both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.  I've been to an ENT and to my PCP; both doctors were very surprised but thanked me for brining this to their attention neither one of them was aware of this side effect.  My ENT encouraged me to report this side effect to Pfizer and to VAERS, which I did.  Neither doctor had any suggestions as to what to do about it other than the ENT gave me a hearing test which had not changed thank heaven.

Now almost two week to the date after my first vaccine I'm feeling dizzy and more unstable on my feet.  I suspect that this is not going away from the searching I've done on other sites and blogs.  So tomorrow I call my neurotologist...

So, bottom line, I am NOT getting the second shot or any more vaccines!

I pray that no one else with an AN gets these side effects.

Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

tsaff88

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 02:56:52 pm »
GK in 10/2010, Translab 10/2012.  Moderna on 2/12 & 3/12.  Increased wonkiness for a couple of days. Balance and tinnitus issues stable.  A little increased tiredness and a sore arm for a couple days.