Author Topic: Bluetooth Headphones for SSD - Options 2021?  (Read 5190 times)

bonehead

Bluetooth Headphones for SSD - Options 2021?
« on: February 09, 2021, 12:38:30 pm »
Greetings all,

I am 17 years post surgery (retrosigmoid). I have very minimal hearing on my treatment side, effectively SSD. I have a biCROS hearing aid system that I really don't use anymore due to the amplification of the high frequency being more of a bother than assistance, especially in social situations. Yes, I have had them tuned multiple times.

I would like to try some of the consumer products that assist with SSD, e.g. Apple Airpod Pro, Bose, or similar.

I have seen the thread below on the BoSE conversation enhancing headphone system, but it appears that this product is no longer available. Also that thread was about a year ago+.

Has anyone had success with any of these systems and would you recommend them?

Thanks in advance, Jon Bonesteel
2.0 cm removed via retrosigmoid 4/7/2004
Dr. Sisti and Dr. Wazen
Columbia Presbyterian, NYC

TrueClarence

Re: Bluetooth Headphones for SSD - Options 2021?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 03:04:45 pm »
John,
I see no one responded to your post and I was wondering if you found out any information on these products on your own. I had retrosigmoid surgery in September and am now deaf in my left ear. It's a real challenge for me at work whenever we have meetings, group discussions or any social situations, which together represent a significant amount of time. Please let me know if you found anything helpful for your SSD.
Thanks,
John S.

Clairetaylor

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 10:57:06 pm »
I've just ordered some BOSE Soundcontrol hearing aids.  If you are still interested, look out for my post in a few weeks when I'll report back how I'm finding them.

Thanks!
Claire

(Moderator comment: active links have been removed)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 11:15:27 am by MarlaB »
Claire
Diagnosed by Kaiser May 2019
2mm growth to 9mm x 6mm x 7mm Jan 2021
Cyberknife, Stanford, end Jan/early Feb 2021

Alyssa

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 06:18:24 pm »
Sometimes I use Bose sound control headphone under noisy environment. I copy and paste the comments from amazon. It works for me. I found the new generation is "Bose SoundControl™ Hearing Aids" and use the same app. It is much smaller.

My right ear is totally deaf. Does right microphone work with left microphone to produce focused sound for left ear?
Answer:The Ear balance control lets you set the left and right ear differently. Once set differently, the other controls will maintain the difference. Ear balance is controlled on the Bose Hear app. Thanks for asking and have a great day. Best Regards, - Emmet Bose Support
By Bose MANUFACTURER  on May 1, 2018
My left ear is totally deaf like your case. By setting balance to right ear only I can hear sounds coming from my left. Finally after 31 years I found a device that solves my hearing disability and can now converse with people on both my left and right.
By Amazon Customer on June 9, 2018