Author Topic: Caffine and Sugar????? Also ear pressure...  (Read 3538 times)

Dani

Caffine and Sugar????? Also ear pressure...
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:44:33 am »
Hi,

When my sister-in-law was first diagnoised with her breast cancer....the first thing the doctor told her was to stop all caffine and sugar.  Now I know the AN's aren't cancerous, but still they are a tumor.  Does anyone know anymore information about caffine and sugar being harmful.  She was told that cancer thrives on sugar.  I'm just trying to find out if there is anything that I can do to help this thing or if there is anything I'm doing that might make it worse.  I try to eat really good, exercise, lots of water...try to keep the stress down (ha ha....that's a joke....especially around the holidays)  ::)

Another question I have is about ear pressure.  Sometimes it's not to bad....but other times such as with weather change, stress, being overly tired...makes the pressure a lot worse.  Has anyone else experienced that  ???  Anyway if anyone has any suggestions for me I'd sure appreciate it.  I'm still trying to digest the fact that I have this.  I only found out a couple of months ago......

What about the pressure on your ear while flying........is it okay to fly?  I haven't since I found out about this AN.  The audiologist said it was probably best that I didn't...anyway at the time I had my ear exam....but that was before I found out what I really had.

Thanks so much for all your help,
Dani
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 09:04:43 am by Dani »
Oakridge, Oregon
65 year old female
1.27cm, Diagnosed September 2006
Deaf in right ear, some tinnitus, numbness on my face close to my ear Currently "Wait & Watch", per doctors advise
If & When I need to have something done I've pretty much decided on GK.

tony

Re: Caffine and Sugar????? Also ear pressure...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 12:44:56 pm »
I wouldnt want to comment re sugar/caffine actually causing harm as such
But there is alot of evidence that the caffine intake and the tinnitus
type noises (that ANers, and others get)  are linked in some way
 - reducing the caffine (MAY) help reduce the tinnitus
Re sugar - care is required when a balance nerve is damaged or removed
Blood sugar levels seem to more closely to follow balance/tiredness issues
in other words too lower blood sugar and you may start to fall
over quite alot - so care with the diet is important
best regards
tony