Author Topic: extreme fatigue  (Read 5208 times)

paul odegard

extreme fatigue
« on: October 02, 2020, 08:35:32 pm »
I am a senior (83) AN alumnus suffering with extreme fatique-getting worse every year since AN removal 37 yrs. ago , Yale NH Ct.  Getting 10 hrs sleep with CPAC and occational afternoon naps but soo tired in afternoons with feeling that aft head is in a vise.  Balance has also deteriorated but still able to play tennis/ski.  Wondering if I should consult a neurologist or just live with it??

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: extreme fatigue
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 09:46:50 pm »
Hi Paul and welcome!  Wow, 37 years!! I can only image how it all was like that long ago, that was probably close to the start of modern AN treatments as we know it today.  First, sorry to hear you have been dealing with these conditions, it almost sounds like someone as they are describing just coming fresh off the table after surgery, symptoms are very similar.  It may be a good idea to consult a doctor, if nothing else to get a peace of mind so you know what it is and then can deal with appropriately.  Let us know how it goes! Take care!

Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

v357139

Re: extreme fatigue
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 07:23:18 pm »
Definitely consult a doctor
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!