Author Topic: Ear pain is driving my decision.  (Read 12120 times)

Lisa B

Re: Ear pain is driving my decision.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 06:53:07 pm »
Hi Laura,
We sure should keep in touch. I was diagnosed on August 23rd,  it would have been earier but I had a vacation planned and felt that rest was in order. Boy am I glad I did that without this knowledge. 
I'm feeling today uncomfortable waiting.  I've been much, much dizzier than I have in the past few months.  Trying to get all of my holiday gifts has proven a bit more difficult because of this.  And last night I nearly fell down the steps to my house.  I've generally always been a peppy person but today I'm feeling rather blue.   :-[

To Everyone here on this forum......
I need some coping cheer.....Share with me some of your funny''''''s ....stories.
I have my toy wing up brain with an X marks the spot but it's not doing it for me tonight.

Thanks....Lisa B
Wait and watch - 1ccx6mmx6mm - Right Side
Diagnosed August '06

Laura

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 03:49:16 pm »
Lisa,

I'm sorry you were having a bad evening and hope you are back to yourself soon! If you need to chat just shoot me an personal message!

Laura
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

noriders

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 11:01:50 pm »
1.5cm questionable Gamma knife failure... have been to UCLA,House, & Scull Base Instatute. If ou need help finding resoces here in LA please post. Will be glad to help. Try not to rush into surgery if you can hold on.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 08:44:25 am »
Hi Lisa and welcome....

Ok, first step to handling a new AN diagnosis..... breathe.. :)  Just breathe.....  I promise you, it helps :)

By sharing and posting here, you are doing the best first step you can... you are reaching out to other rare, terrific souls that truly do "understand" when others around you can't.  I know it can seem overwhelming at times, but truly.... take your time as you do have time (based on the size of your AN).  I see that you are symptomatic and it can be overwhelming, but by reading the boards here, asking questions, taking that deep breath (ok, breathe with me now... in through the nose... now.. hold it.... ok, exhale through the mouth... repeat 3 more times... :) ) and self education will bring you the answers (and inner peace) you need to help you along... plus, we serve up a great mug o' grog on the Veranda Deck when needed :)

Hang in there, welcome again and know that we truly are here for you.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 09:30:25 pm »
Hey Lisa: I'm really lucky- I don't have ear pain, just a ringing - tintinitus (spelling?).  I do have some throbbing on occassion along my jaw line.  But I would agree with the group and do lots of research. The more you know, the better you will feel about your desicion.  I went into the doctor for congestion out of all things and came out with this! But I also think the medical community as a whole is all about surgery, problem being they know the effects of surgery but they don't know the full effects of radiation (other than a 10 year time frame). And I think doctors given liability and mal-practice want to suggest the options they know are tried and true.  Keep reading this website- throughout the strings you will find something that applies to you.  Take care!
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

justsimplyrhonda

• http://rhondaclemmons.4t.com
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 07:47:05 pm »
Hi laura ....I was just diagnosed with 1.2 cm AN in Dec 2006....in my right ear .....I have pain also from time to time .......but mainly dizziness and fatigue .....I truely wish you all the best ....I was told I could wait ....and moniter it .....but the surgeon I talked with ...I didn't seem to comfortable with ....you have came to the right place ....alot of really sweet people on here ....I have really been fighting with depression ...it has helped reading things on here and not feeling alone.

Lisa I live in Salem ....Roanoke County.....where are you from ?

Rhonda