Author Topic: 3 days after Gamma Knife  (Read 1748 times)

bhc

3 days after Gamma Knife
« on: July 15, 2020, 10:27:11 pm »
I had Gamma Knife 3 days ago on my right ear. The first day I just had pains at the pin sites. Two pills of Tylenol took care of that. I felt normal the second day. On the third day I began to hear soft echoes when someone talked to me. When I put an ear phone in my right ear, I noticed my understanding of sentences and words has gone down. It sounds softer than before and like a robot talking. I also feel vertigo which I never felt before the treatment. I also lost my appetite. My head is still numb a little from the numbing medicine. Are all these things normal after only 3 days and will they get better?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:56:27 pm by bhc »
11/2019: diagnosed - 19mm x 9mm x 10mm
07/2020: Gamma Knife - 21mm x 9mm x 11mm

MarlaB

• Administrator
Re: 3 days after Gamma Knife
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 09:45:00 am »
Welcome to the other side (of treatment.)

I didn't have gamma knife, but from what I've seen on the blogs, this is very normal. My understanding is that when the tumor is first zapped, it swells a bit before it subsides, sometimes affecting hearing, balance and other things. This can last for a few months.

Take care of yourself, be more conscious of moving around so you don't fall, call your doc if you become more concerned with symptoms, and most of all, be patient! You are not alone!!

MarlaB

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 09:48:07 am »
Did you see there is a virtual meeting this Sunday for Post CK and GK patients? I hope you consider signing up and getting the chance to talk to others more experienced in the aftermath of radiation than I. (I had surgery ten years ago...)

MarlaB

bhc

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 06:28:42 pm »
I could not find the virtual meeting this Sunday. I only saw one in May.
11/2019: diagnosed - 19mm x 9mm x 10mm
07/2020: Gamma Knife - 21mm x 9mm x 11mm

MarlaB

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 09:29:20 pm »
So weird..now I can't find it either. Let me do some digging...in the meantime, you can check out the 'patient events" on the ANA page. They are all virtual, so you can join from anywhere.

Hang in there!

Marla B.