Author Topic: Resting Face , Tumor Side Mouth Higher?  (Read 8608 times)

donjehle

Re: Resting Face , Tumor Side Mouth Higher?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2022, 01:41:12 pm »
It is certainly not rare for you!  You have to deal with every day of your life.  I can feel a bit of your frustration and disappointment. 

You may want to reconsider BoTox.  While I, too, have heard some negative comments on it, other people say it is wonderful and has really helped them a lot.  I really don't know what I would do if I were in your shoes

Let us know how the Gabapentin works when you are up to the full dose.  And keep us posted on how you are doing! 
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

gbly

Re: Resting Face , Tumor Side Mouth Higher?
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2022, 12:29:08 pm »
notaclone13,
I am so sorry to hear you are going through the facial challenges. I have come to think it is not rare, or there are more people doing radiation but are fine, only us that didn't do well are on this website....doubtful.

So I did botox and it definitely balanced my face, not perfect, but much better.  The one challenge I see is that my eye does not close when I blink, so this is the challenge.  The botox helps with the resting face.  But once you blink my face is not symmetric.   But I am happy with the resting face.  The eating got better too. It's not like before, but it is better. I also have to wear an eye mask or sleep with that eye down to make sure it stays closed while I sleep, dry eye in the morning.  I know I am not sounding too positive as I write this, but is is better then not having the botox. 

This is a very personal choice but I am glad I did it.  I am on round 2 if that helps.  I would also say that the eye thing is more at the first, but does get better a few weeks in.  I would also say my face was better after the 1st dose, not sure if I will need another one. It has given the nerves time to hopefully grow back correctly.

Good luck on your decision and please keep us posted.
gb