Author Topic: Dr. Slattery and Dr. Lekovic, House Clinic, Los Angeles  (Read 6212 times)

stevechen

Dr. Slattery and Dr. Lekovic, House Clinic, Los Angeles
« on: June 12, 2020, 10:35:29 pm »
Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to share the extremely positive experience I had with Dr. Slattery and Dr. Lekovic from the House Clinic in Los Angeles. They used the retrosigmoid approach to remove my 6.5cm x 5.5cm x 3.5cm tumor (that's not a typo) and I really could not have expected a better outcome!! They successfully removed the entire tumor and I am essentially back to normal now at less than 4 months! Even after one month, I was able to jog short distances and didn't have any pain.  On the 9th day after my surgery, I did begin to experience facial weakness but that gradually healed after 1 month, and more so by the 2nd month. Now I only have very slight weakness in my upper lip but its only noticeable by me and is still improving little by little.  If I really wanted to be picky about my experience, I didn't like one of the nurses I had during my recovery at the Good Samaritan Hospital, but all the other nurses were good. 

I highly recommend Dr. Slattery and Dr. Lekovic for anyone needing an AN surgery!

MarlaB

• Administrator
Re: Dr. Slattery and Dr. Lekovic, House Clinic, Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 11:40:19 am »
WOW!

This is awesome news, congratulations. You did have a great team, and I hope you continue to do well....remember you had BRAIN SURGERY so listen to your body (and your head) and welcome to the other side!!

(Did you see Dr. Slattery in "A Star Is Born"?)

Marla B.

stevechen

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 10:35:12 pm »
No, I didn't see Dr. Slattery in the movie but asked him about it and he told me about his experience. I'll have to look for him the next time I watch the movie.

Bp15

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 05:20:10 pm »
Hi SteveChen,

I’m very glad to hear that you had a very successful surgery!! Enjoy!

I do have one question regarding the pair of Doctors who did the surgery for you.  When you first made the appointment, which doctor did you see first?  I assume it was Dr. Slattery as the main doctor?  And after you were done consulted with Dr. Slattery for the surgery, then Dr. Lekovic would be the neuro surgeon who worked with Dr. Slattery in your operation?    I’m thinking of making appointment with Dr. Slattery as well.

Thanks for any input and guidance on this.