Author Topic: Looking for some help  (Read 1532 times)

DwMcV

Looking for some help
« on: December 31, 2019, 07:26:17 pm »
Hello All,

I hope this message is understandable.  I will try to articulate the best I can. First some background.

I am a 5 year Post-Op RSM on a 2.1 CM AN. 

Prior to my surgery I used to have these weird incidents that would happen on my right side(my AN side) directly on the back side of head. If you were looking at the back of my head, I would say about 2" up from the base of my skull and about 2" to the right.  If I turned my head a certain way I would get these horrible feelings, almost as if I plucked a nerve back there, and then the immediate area would tingle, and burn. That is the best way I can explain it.  It is almost like a popping feeling.   

While with my consultation with my Neurosurgeon he said that these were tight muscles that can "catch" and trigger the nerve in that way.  That made sense.  The weird thing is that Post-Op that feeling has never happened again.  Until recently, and now on my left side, I am having the same feelings. 

I am writing all of this in hopes that others out there have had similar/familiar issues, and might be able to shed some light on this.  I know "GO see a doctor" etc, I have had yearly scan since my surgery and no enhancement have been noted on either side.  The doctor has already "explained" what they could be, but the weird thing that does not make sense to me is why I had them on the right side only pre-surgery, and now do not have them there but DO have them on the left. 

Thanks for reading my ramblings,

Dallas