Author Topic: CK at Stanford  (Read 2316 times)

notaclone13

CK at Stanford
« on: December 27, 2019, 10:30:10 am »
Does anyone know if CK treatment at Stanford can be accomplished with just one trip? I know they treat patients from all over the world, so they likely have procedures in place for treating patients without seeing them before the actual treatment preparations. Has anyone had treatment at Stanford without first meeting with Dr. Chang weeks or months in advance to being treated by him?

juliawilson

Re: CK at Stanford
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 01:35:50 pm »
I had CyberKnife with Dr. Chang nearly three years ago. He did three sessions over three days. I was in and out within an hour each day. Just lie comfortably on a table, listen to music of your choosing. Then go and have some juice, take a preventative pill to ward off brain swelling and you are on your way. Since was live several hours away, we stayed at a nearby hotel. I went hiking after the first two sessions and we drove home after the third. Before the actual treatment, they will have to do their own MRI and a CT scan and fit your with your own custom mask to wear doing treatment. I did that a couple weeks before treatment; others schedule it closer.

tdlight

• Not all who wander are lost.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 08:02:38 am »
In case you had not gotten a complete answer yet; yes, you can do it in one trip.  I sent the MRI to Stanford, had a phone consult with Dr. Chang (or maybe just email?), and then arranged treatment over the phone.  I was there for a total of a week, Friday to Friday.  They do need a couple days from your fisrt visit to develop the treatment plan (the first Friday), then everything goes pretty quick.  I had three treatments and was doen in a week like I said.  See my journal below for more details on my experiance.
Diagnosed 1/15/16
Left Side, 5x3x4 mm, 1 mm from cochlea
High frequency hearing loss (still useful), tinnitus
Three fraction CK at Stanford completed 3/25/16

notaclone13

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 08:17:01 am »
Thanks for your reply. I sent my records to Stanford and got a quick response that I was a good candidate for Cyberknife. I was impressed with the speed of their response.  But.... now with the Coronavirus outbreak, it is not a good time for trip to California. Be careful and stay well my AN friends.