Author Topic: Regrowth after CK 7 years ago  (Read 2627 times)

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
Regrowth after CK 7 years ago
« on: December 09, 2019, 01:00:53 pm »
Been awhile since I've posted but in a state of panic at the moment. 

Went to a new ENT, for second opinion on Meneire's Disease, who sent me for an MRI with & without contrast last week; got phone call this morning telling me that nothing he was looking for showed up BUT my AN had increased some since my last MRI without contrast in 2018.  He said to go back to Dr. Bartels with CD and report in hand.  Going next week.

I had CK in 2012 and up until a couple of months ago everything was fine; well, as fine as being deaf left can be.  Now that I think about it this is probably the cause of my vertigo, dizziness, balance issues, and facial spasms trying to grab hold again.  Dr. Bartels went to the Meneire's immediately because I was having sudden temporary hearing loss in my right ear but I'm sure that I "muddied" the waters when I was explaining my symptoms (mixing up left side symptoms with right side issues). 

I've read the other posts I could find on this same subject of regrowth years after treatment but I needed to let it out, so to speak.  I have no further info at this time regarding size increase, treatment options, etc. so it's going to be along 7 days.

12/18/2019 Update:

AN has grown 1 1/2 mm so it's now 12X13 mm as compared to an MRI from 2017.  Dr Bartels has sent me back to my original oncologist to schedule CK again.  My first consultation appointment is the first Friday in January.

Can't say I'm not scared, not as bad as I was the first time around but still...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 07:55:34 pm by chloes mema »
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Regrowth after CK 7 years ago
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 07:47:44 pm »
Hello, sorry to hear about your regrowth. Keep us posted on what you plan to.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
Re: Regrowth after CK 7 years ago
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 10:40:11 am »
Oncologist has decided to wait 3 months, have another MRI with contrast, review those results then ...  I have no idea.  He said he expects the AN to be the same size or a little larger.  I'm assuming that at some point in time I'll be faced with CK again; like I told the oncologist I'd prefer to have it done when I'm 74 than when I'm 80.   ;) ;D
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back