Author Topic: Back from surgery at house all is well  (Read 5463 times)

red

Back from surgery at house all is well
« on: November 25, 2006, 09:27:42 pm »
Hey everyone!
 We made it back from the whirlwind 11 days at the House.  What an amazing place.  We feel so blessed to have had theopportunity to have surgery there.  Hubby had surgery on the 7th of november and we are back home un Idaho.  Made it through thanksgiving and thought i needed to write and tell you good people how grateful we are to have found you.  From the initial diagnosis to the moment I saw my husband in ICU, I never stopped thinking about how lucky I was to find this site and you.  Thank you for all the prayers and the knowledge.  You guys are the reason that I stayed sane through this whole deal.  Ray is doing very good.  He says, "I am in good shape for the shape I'm in!"  I guess he's right.  He had Brackmann, Hitselbergger and Kutz (fellow) do his surgery.  his results were excellent.  He does still have the dizziness, but that is expected and are told it will subside.  Somedays are definitly better than others for him but, he is OK with that given what could have happened.  He does have some headaches but they are controlable, and his taste is messed up.  They did middle fossa to save his hearing.  He has a slight hearing loss but does have servicable hearing.  The doctors were amazing and I will say that if anyone has a remote chance of going there DO IT!  Never had more caring, kind attention and care.  I believe we were in the very best hands.   If anyone has any questions I would love to try to give back a little of what I got from all of you!
Red

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Back from surgery at house all is well
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 04:34:37 am »
So glad that everything went well for your hubby!  Keep us up to date on his progress.  We are here for both of you.
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Obita

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 06:44:27 am »
Red and Ray:

I am so glad you two are in the recovery process now and that everything went so good.  And to have hearing to boot!!

Give the "Postie" a hug for me and tell him Christmas dinner might taste better than Thanksgiving dinner and that by Valentine's Day, food should taste like it is supposed to.

Take it slow Ray and congrats to you both. 

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 10:43:18 am »
Thanks for the update...make sure Ray takes it easy!!!  The more tired he allows himself to get the worse his symptoms will get!  In the same token the more he challenges himself the faster he'll heal.  Is he doing any vestibular therapy?  Yeah to the hearing!  May you guys have a nice calm blessed christmas!!!  Keep us updated as he progresses!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 02:34:22 pm »
Hi

So happy for you and glad everything went according to plan.  Best wishes for continuing recovery and getting this all behind you.  Happy Holidays (oh what the heck...Merry Christmas!!!)

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 02:50:15 pm »
Yay--Ray's a Postie!!!!
And yes, House is amazing--the level of care there is pretty great--a well-oiled machine for us AN patients.
Give Ray a big smooch from all us Wenches and we'll be sending healing thoughts your way.
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 10:26:23 am »
Hey Ray,
  Congratulations on getting through the worst of it.  So gald that part is over.  Email me direct when you feel up to it./ I know your in Idaho, may be getting a local AN group going in SLC, thought you may want to be part of.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Sam Rush

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 10:27:53 am »
I agree, House is the place to go. I am 2 yrs post op by Dr. Brackmann, no complications, only missed 2 1/2 weeks of work as a medical doctor.   It almost seems like it never happened.
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

lmurray69

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 06:45:19 pm »
Red < I dont know how we missed each other .I had surgery on the 1st of Nov.. and then was ou tof there the 8th..I am just happy that eveything turned out good for ray to ..The taste thing use spices it helps, I use eye patches cool for the head aches. It helps..Need any info let me know ..Glad he is doing so good..Linda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/