Author Topic: Life Insurance: Tips on Companies or Strategies?  (Read 7965 times)

AN_Info

Life Insurance: Tips on Companies or Strategies?
« on: September 01, 2019, 11:54:12 am »
Hi ANA Community-
I've seen some old posts on Life Insurance and want the latest info.
Questions:
1. Has anyone found a LIFE insurance (i.e., NOT health insurance) company that will offer reasonably policy rates on life insurance for people with acoustic neuromas?
2. Previous posts named: William Penn and New York Life Insurance as possible carriers who would issue to people with ANs. Does anyone have experience with either of these two life insurance companies?
3. Has anyone found that waiting a certain amount of time post-treatment (e.g., 3 years) improves the quotes and likelihood of getting a life insurance policy?

Context:
I have applied to Anthem Blue Cross and TIAA Cref and been given outrageous rates or denied.
I was told the fact I am only 1.5 years post surgery is having an impact and that better rates might be available when I am 3 years post-op.
I have life insurance through my employer, but the policy is not large and I would like additional coverage for the sake of my family.

Thanks!

bfoley

Re: Life Insurance: Tips on Companies or Strategies?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 06:07:16 am »
I don't have any insights but am curious - are you looking for term or a "permanent" life insurance?  There seem to be a few life companies that issue term under a certain amount without underwriting, but also only for younger ages.  I think its interesting that you were denied for a condition that is accepted as life altering but not as life threatening.

AN_Info

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:19:45 am »
I am looking for term life insurance, roughly 25-30 years.

BilaAlgutam

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 02:22:00 pm »
When it comes to choosing insurance companies or strategies, it's important to consider a variety of factors. It's important to make sure you're adequately covered while also being mindful of costs. This may involve choosing a higher deductible plan, taking advantage of wellness programs and preventive care benefits, and being proactive about managing your health. I use individual insurance portland oregon, which has been designed according to my needs. I know what this insurance covers and what benefits I have.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 04:23:45 am by BilaAlgutam »