Author Topic: Ct scam  (Read 4272 times)

Palace

• Palace
Ct scam
« on: November 25, 2006, 08:57:53 am »
Good Morning:

Tomorrow, it is no starches or sodas and the next day only water for me.  (idodine injection; Ct scan)  Is it safe to make resesevations for a very late lunch or early supper before, we drive back home?  Should I feel up to it after the Ct scan?  How does that go?  I know I will be gone eight hours and say, ten hours if I we can go out to eat after it is all over on Monday.  It is supposed to be a rainy day for traveling, too.   :-[ :-\

I hope everyone had a good holiday feast.

I'm taking more Darvon for the neck right now since, I'm only two days away from TX, now.

Thx,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
Re: Ct scam
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 08:59:19 am »
PS

Notice the subject; Ct scam.............not SCAN!  (spam on the AN brain, I guess; lol)  Sorry!  (please don't report my posts)   :-[
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 10:17:41 am »

I would never report yea...  ;)

ps ... you can do a "Modify" button thats on the right of the message, and change  your message or subject ... I fix typos in mine all the  time!!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

flier58

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 12:33:45 pm »
Hi Palace,
My CT scan and mask fitting  took about 20 mins.  I waited for an hour or so after fitting until docs decided if I need another MRI or the one done 2 months prior was enough which it was.  I could eat right after that.
Palace, my AN was 2/1.8/1.6 cm.  I am generally healthy (except for AN and trigeminal issues caused by it), no allergies, no chronic problems etc. And yes, I did have steroids -Decadron - one after each CK session (don't know exact dosage).  No side effects from it, actually slept better than ever.  For me - I felt good after each session until later in the day.  Fatigue and headache set in after my return trip to Chicago and lasted for 4-5 days.  Both managed without  or with OTC painkillers. Today i.e. 18 days post CK minimal fatigue (evening) no headaches,  trigeminal symptoms lesser than before treatment.
Good luck to you, we'll keep our fingers crossed and keep you in our prayers,
Flier58

Raydean

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 05:32:28 am »
This is alittle off subject but I'd like to mention that for those persons that have a shellfish allergy it's really important to strongly mention the allergy to shellfish.  Some people that are allergic to shellfish find that they also have problems with the iodine.  My family doctor has warned me about this alot, it's in my medical file, but he has also stated to speak up and put the medical  people on alert. 

Anyway, Palace i wish you all things good and wonderful.   Geez, no bread, with turkey leftovers
(one of the best part of Thanksgiving in my humble opinion<G>  No COFFEE too,  I'd be in trouble, or maybe my family since i can become crabby without my coffee!!!!!!!

You'll be in my thoughts !!  Just think, soon you'll be a postie !!!!!!!!!!

Lots of hugs
Raydean
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:34:14 am by Raydean »
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

LizH

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 06:25:24 am »
Hi Raydean,

I don't eat either any of the things that Palace doesn't eat (No coffee (ever), no bread, no meat, no salt, no sugar etc) but that has not helped me with my walking or balance problems !

Cheers!

Effiya
53 years old now. AN size 4cm now
waiting for surgery date
FSR May 2001 when it was 2.9 cm
Dr. Laperriere
Princess Margaret Hospital
Toronto. Ontario. Canada