Author Topic: Scleral to PROSE  (Read 9687 times)

Amz569

Scleral to PROSE
« on: March 01, 2019, 08:33:47 am »
Has anyone upgraded from a scleral lens to PROSE? My eye is so red all the time but I love my scleral. Considering upgrading to the PROSE as it’s custom fit specifically to your eye whereas scleral only has standard diameters. Wondering if anyone has done this and thoughts? Curious if a better fit would be less irritating to the eye and reduce the redness.

Jill Marie

Re: Scleral to PROSE
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:09:15 pm »
Hi, I don't know anything about the prose but I do know your eye shouldn't be red with the Scleral.  I quit using it about 3 years ago and started using the Acuvue Oasys w/Hydraluxe daily lens.  No more RED eye!  The lens costs about one dollar a day but there's no chemicals or cleaning, just throw the lens out, less chance of infections too.  I have VSP eye insurance now so they pay for my lenses as my eye doctor stated I need the lens for medical reasons.  The insurance costs me $15 a month but well worth it for the lenses. 

Will check into the prose.  Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Chambo

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 06:04:51 pm »
Is the Acuvue Oasys w/Hydraluxe daily lens for contact lens purposes or to treat dry eye?

I have a scleral lens but use it irregularly as I find it difficult to put in.
3.5cm+ LS AN fully removed via Translab surgery on 28 June 2006.
Prof Kaye (Neuro)/Mr Briggs (ENT) at Royal Melbourne Hospital (Melbourne, Australia).
1st post surgery MRI (Feb 07) revealed NO regrowth/residual.
d.o.b. 5 Oct 1978

Jill Marie

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 07:42:39 pm »
Hi Chambo,  I use the Oasys w/Hydraluxe daily lens to treat my dry eye.  I also wear glasses as I only use the lens in my left eye because of the dryness.  I used the scleral lens but after a couple of years I developed problems with it, not sure but my eye doctor and I think I became allergic to it.  Thankfully that hasn't happened with the daily use lens, I've been using it for well over 3 years and LOVE it, life is so much better with it.  Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Chambo

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 10:20:09 pm »
Gee that’s good to hear!

I have perfect vision though. Does that mean I am still a candidate for the disposable lens?

And I was under the impression that only Scleral lens treated dry eye due to the saline solution trapped between the eye and the lens?

Thanks again for the tips!
3.5cm+ LS AN fully removed via Translab surgery on 28 June 2006.
Prof Kaye (Neuro)/Mr Briggs (ENT) at Royal Melbourne Hospital (Melbourne, Australia).
1st post surgery MRI (Feb 07) revealed NO regrowth/residual.
d.o.b. 5 Oct 1978