Author Topic: Depression 10 yrs post surgery  (Read 270 times)

Dday

Depression 10 yrs post surgery
« on: November 29, 2018, 11:17:50 am »
 It's been a while since I've visited/posted, and Dec 18th will be 10 yrs since my AN surgery. Depression has been slowly creeping in on me over the last 4 or so years, and has seemed to finally hit to the point where I feel the need to seek help. Fatigue, very sporadic (if any) motivation toward the things I've always enjoyed doing, feeling of distance/disassociation from family and friends (that's a HUGE one for me as my immediate family is small-my son, wife, mom, and uncle), and generally feeling "lost" have made me realize this. I'm guessing that medication may be in my future (which I HATE the idea of, side-effects and all). I'd appreciate it if anyone could share their experiences with me regarding this. Thanks!

Patti

Re: Depression 10 yrs post surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 07:27:54 pm »
I hate needing medication also but it helps so much.  Would you feel the same way if it were insulin you needed to keep you healthy?  After my surgery i was depressed and my doctor put me on lexapro 20 mg. It worked like a charm and no side effects.  I have since cut the dose down to 10 mg successfully, but only after years of 20 mg.  Do it! Don't let depression ruin your life.  Talk therapy helps too!
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

anything
anything