Author Topic: Muscle twitching  (Read 1845 times)

MissBee

Muscle twitching
« on: November 24, 2018, 12:32:44 am »
I'm just wondering if anyone had full body muscle twitches as a symptom? I have strong muscle twitches all over my body (thighs, buttock, arms, thumb, stomach) that come and go. I know racial twitching is common but is this a typical symptom?

I'm not diagnosed but my symptoms are pointing to AN but the muscle twitches are making me believe it may be something else. I'm trying to push for a second MRI but I want to be sure.

My symptoms have been going on for 2 years now. It started with dizzy spells that came and went randomly. Then, my tongue started getting tingly and numb out of nowhere. Then, my left ear became plugged and I could hear my heartbeat frequently. I also had a loud humming sound in the same ear that lasted about a minute. My ear is now constantly blocked, I get dizzy spells, my face feels as though it is tightening up on affected side, I get brain fog, a mild headache behind ear/base of left skull, balance issues, fatigue and feel very off and/or drunk. I also have said muscle spasms throughout my body.

I do have an impacted(not infected) wisdom tooth on the affected side and I'm wondering if that could be the cause of my symptoms?

I've had an MRI (without contrast) about 6 months from the start of symptoms that was clear, two different ear/balance testings and all blood work is normal.

Any help would be much appreciated!

notaclone13

Re: Muscle twitching
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 12:31:17 pm »
Dizziness, ear fullness and facial twitches are part of the AN profile, but muscle twitches in other areas of the body are not. However, I do believe an impacted wisdom tooth could be an issue because a dentist told me that me that problems with a wisdom tooth could account for the pulsatory tinnitus I was having. As one ages, jaw issues and tmj can cause similar symptoms such as ear fullness as can sinus issues.   I think if you had an AN, unless it was very small, it would have shown up on the MRI, even without contrast. Have you seen a neurologist? He would likely order a battery of tests to eliminate other causes for the twitches and numbness.

MissBee

Re: Muscle twitching
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 06:51:27 pm »
I did visit a neurologist and after a quick simple check, he pretty much just said that he's stumped and if symptoms persist that I should come back.