Author Topic: Ear Fullness/Tinnitus  (Read 1070 times)

MWLAD

Ear Fullness/Tinnitus
« on: September 26, 2022, 12:13:52 pm »
Hello all. Not one to do these things but thought I'd reach out to make sure I'm not losing it more than I already have lol.

I underwent stereotactic radio surgery in early 2020 for my AN on my left side. I am quite young to have been diagnosed according to my team, am now 34, so they felt that full removal was not needed at the time. I have noticed that with weather changes and I'm guessing more so pressure changes, I get the fullness feeling in my left ear and the tinnitus seems to increase. Anyone else have this? It seems to be worse when the temperature goes from warm to cold and not as much vice versa. I live in PA so temps are ALL over the place right now. And if anyone has had this, did you by any chance try steroid treatment? I'm a pharmacist and I'm wondering if it would be indicated here for the anti inflammatory properties.

This thing sucks but I am fortunate to have seen no growth/a tiny decrease in size since my procedure!

donjehle

Re: Ear Fullness/Tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 08:19:46 pm »
Thank you for making your first post on the forums, MWLAD!

And thanks for sharing your experience.  It's only as people share their journey that we can understand what might affect us.

And you are right -- you are quite young to have this diagnosis.  It does sometimes happen to those in their 20's or 30's, but it is not as common as those of us who are much older.

You have given me much to think about.  I have fullness in my ear at times, but I never thought to connect it to the weather changes.  I will have to pay closer attention to that, and see if there is any correlation.  I was on steroid treatments initially, first by my medical doctor, and then a second time by my ENT.  I couldn't tell that it was making a different and bringing down any inflammation.  I don't know if it had anything to do with having a sense of fullness in the ear later.  As a pharmacist, you are invaluable to our community!  Thanks for sharing your experience!

Best wishes on your journey!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

mwatto

Re: Ear Fullness/Tinnitus
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 08:16:27 pm »
Melatonin , white noise, keeping neuroinflammation down with some supplements, moderate exercise for blood flow and oxygen, listening to music, keeping blood pressure down all help. Check any medication re tinnitus. For me when it was bad- and mine resolved actually 1mg valium helped occasionally. Sleep and melatonin defintely (compounded melatonin)
Michele
20 x19x14mm Cystic AN diagnosed Feb 2019. CK.
Mri 2019 shrinking: 18x17x13 mm.
Mri 2020 - no cysts visible stable.
MRI 2021 stable no change
MRI 2022 stable no change.
MRI 2023 Further reduction 12x12x10mm!! Hearing 85%
MRI 2024: No change AN or hearing